Which 23rd adventure a Doctor had are your favorites?

Its Wednesday and honestly it snuck up on me this week. Anywhos we have more (hopefully) fun stories to vote on this week… But before moving forward sometimes some quick retrospection is niceLast week [1] had 62% saying husbands of river song, 36% saying war of the Sontarans and 35% saying the massacre

As always previous polls are still open and you still get 2 votes

23rd adventures
  • The Ark
  • The Monster of Peladon
  • The Invasion of Time
  • Partners in Crime
  • The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe
  • The Return of Doctor Mysterio
  • Once, Upon Time
0 voters

  1. at the time of writing ↩︎

7 Likes

Doctor Mysterio and partners in crime are probably my choices. Mysterio I found fun,I love Nardole and honestly it took itself as serious as it should’ve. Crime just has brilliant moments and chemistry with 10donna

Ark I like the first half better than the second half even thesecond half has more action. But I do appreciate the way they revisit it in the future within the same story.
Monster of Peladon and invasion of time I know both tend to (I think) be not as favorable viewed by fandom but I love both of them. I love Peladon and invasion honestly kind of gets lost once the Sontarans arrive and then the way they end Leela’s arc, really wish she ended up with rodan as opposed to andred

11/13 are both just not good and wasn’t a huge fan of even on rewatches but I’ve slowly begun to appreciate upon time a bit more and enjoy it barely

8 Likes

The Invasion of Time and Partners in Crime

6 Likes

The Ark and Partners in Crime. Both really solid serials.

5 Likes

I suppose only the most voted ones carry on in this tournament or something? I feel I ought to pick ones that won’t be much since I don’t dislike them as much as other people. But on the other hand, Adipose!

5 Likes

Partners in Crime is the obvious top dog here.

I actually really love Once, Upon Time, so that’s my second choice, though I assume I’ll be in the minority there by the end.

8 Likes

Most of these I generally don’t vibe with…

Partners in crime and Doctor the widow and the wardrobe for me! Never understood the hate for widow I think it’s fun and whimsical (Christmas carol is the better take on the adapting book thing Moffat had going on)

Wanted to like dr mysterio but it just kinda fell flat for me and I do not like this for Nardole he is annoying asf at the start

And the three classic ones I don’t really care for despite invasions time lord stuff

7 Likes

No tournament - I only point out the top three and any 0s just because

about2 years ago I wanted to switch up doing a rewatch so watched all first stories then second etc. So I ended up thinking I wonder what people think is the best 12th story for a doctor and what not. So decided to make it a running poll here

But no advancement just discussion/opinions at the end I’ll probably do stats and stuff but no tournament no advancement stories against each other solely based on release. Although once Smith is done the final 3 or 4 T. Baker stories will go head to head at that point

7 Likes

Not the greatest selection, but I went for The Ark and Once, Upon Time

6 Likes

The underrated and misunderstood The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe and Partners in Crime this time round.

6 Likes

I went with Partners in Crime and Once, Upon Time because they’re the only stories here that I quite like. Ark and Monster are pretty mid and I am not a fan of The Way Too Long Title or Doctor Mysterio.

Invasion of Time is the one blind spot here, can’t say anything about something I’ve not seen.

4 Likes

This is the first time I picked only one option. Partners in Crime is a brilliant start to my favourite season of New Who.

The Ark is good, especially thanks to its structure, but not much beyond that.

Monster of Peladon is the weaker cousin of Curse of Peladon and a bit boring.

Invasion of Time has fun moments, but it’s too long, and I’ve always found the Doctor so unlikeable in it (that’s the point, I know, but still…).

The Narnia Ripoff is kind of middle tier among Christmas Specials for me.

Same thing goes for Doctor Mysterio.

And Once, Upon Time is Flux, and I still struggle to keep the individual episodes apart.

4 Likes

Moffat Christmas specials hell yeah

4 Likes

Partners in Crime is the only really good episode here. But I quite enjoy Once, Upon Time, for all the failures of how it attempted to be tied up. I haven’t seen Monster and the rest are inoffensive, each one with some brilliant concepts that aren’t quite realised to their potential.

4 Likes

As @mellis903 wrote:

I went with The Ark as the second one because I enjoy that it plays with time in a way that early Doctor Who didn’t do as much.

4 Likes

23, a bottom 5 set of stories. It averages at around 244th in the rankings, and the second-fourth picks for me are almost too close to call.

Wardrobe < Ark < Invasion < Partners < Once < Monster < Mysterio

Bottom of the poll gang, let’s go!

4 Likes

Dang, 23 is a GOOD number. Five stories that I wanted to throw a vote to, and the others I really like too.

I’ve long had the impression that I’m a bigger fan than the general consensus of Widow, Mysterio, Monster, and Invasion, and I do love giving underloved stories some, um, love.

Partners has wonderful Doctor-companion interplay, Once is a sold segment of Flux, and Ark has a nice central idea at its core.

5 Likes

Wow that is a rough crop of episodes.

The Ark’s the only one here I genuinely like, I think that’s a super fun little sci-fi adventure.

Everything else is just dire. I don’t really like Partners in Crime but there’s nothing else here I could even call “fine”.

5 Likes

Easy first selection for Partners in Crime! Second was a coin toss between Widow and Mysterio, went with Mysterio I think mostly out of recency bias. Once and Invasion are too messy in their own ways, and I haven’t seen the other two.

5 Likes

Partners in Crime and The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe which is an underrated Christmas special

3 Likes