What 24th adventures a Doctor had are your favorites?

We are at Wednesday which means more stories to talk about and enjoy (hopefully). Last week [1] saw Partners in Crime dominated with 82% of the votes. Once, Upon Time coming in second with 29% and then a 3 way tie for 3rd with 18% (ark, invasion of time, doctor Mysterio)

As it has been the last few weeks you get 2 votes and all previous polls are still open and discussions always waiting to be resurrected

24th adventures
  • The Celestial Toymaker
  • Planet of the Spiders
  • The Ribos Operation
  • The Fires of Pompeii
  • Asylum of the Daleks
  • The Pilot
  • Village of the Angles
0 voters

  1. at the time of writing ↩︎

5 Likes

Ribos is a :locked: and throwaway the key. I love key to time season (except Kroll) and I love Mary Tamm :heart_eyes:

2nd choice is more difficult and stuck between

  • toymaker so ambitious and great sucks missing but when you see stills for especially blind man bluff very very easy
  • asylum I thought was so great loved oswin oswald
  • pilot love Capaldi and bill such a great intro
  • village a very good episode that up until the very end made the angels scary again

Okay I think I talked myself into pilot for the moment

9 Likes

The Pilot I love you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Bill Potts beloved

6 Likes

I would’ve loved to see Bill/13 like I understand the clean break but Bill was robbed with 1 season

6 Likes

Binro was right!

5 Likes

Instant Village and The Pilot lock in for me. Village was a great horror episode, the scariest the angels have been in a very long time, the guest stars are excellent and I love 13’s performance.

The Pilot is a really strong series opener, Bill is one of my favourite companions, I adore her dynamic with 12 and the whirlwind adventure they are forced to go on is a fun introduction.

6 Likes

Asylum is best Dalek story of all time. And Pompeii is seriously underrated.

6 Likes

The Ribos Operation and The Pilot for me, although Village of the Angels and The Fires of Pompeii are also great.

4 Likes

Fires was an easy choice. Then I took the Pilot in the lack of better options.

7 Likes

I promise I am not making fun of the typo (it is easily done) but the village of angles sounds like an early DWM comic story I would love to read!

6 Likes

Can’t say anything about Toymaker, Planet of the Spiders is good but messy, I really like all the others except Asylum which I do like but just barely.

Picking between the four I like a lot was hard but I went with The Pilot and The Fires of Pompeii, but Ribos was a close second.

Village of the Angles is almost as good as its spiritual sequel: City of the Saxons. /lh /j

3 Likes

Autocorrect thou art a heartless bitch

Damn … I didn’t even realize …

Chesterson look here I would see [1] this is an acute city hehehe

Grandfather! These angles are being so obtuse right now they aren’t listening that we need to rescue Barbara!


  1. I meant say but leaving the billy flub ↩︎

4 Likes

Fires of Pompeii and The Pilot.

Rewatched the latter the other day and remembered why I love it so much. And the former is just a classic Doctor/Donna, which is meaningful and memorable.

4 Likes

The Fires of Pompeii I treat as the base median for all of Doctor Who. That’s a perfect monster of the week episode, it’s got time travel, great pacing, takes control of the premise and a fun antagonist.

The Ribos Operation is just really fun and the only episode of Key to Time I can say I downright adore.

5 Likes

24th is fairly middle of the road, averaging about 154th in my rankings. Even though I’m currently working on a new ranking, and these results probably don’t match it, I’ll continue to use the old ranking to determine my picks for this, for consistency’s sake.

Toymaker < Asylum (definitely higher by current rankings) < Pilot < Spiders < Pompeii < Ribos < Angels oh, sorry, Angles

3 Likes

The Pilot and The Fires of Pompeii.

The Pilot is great, and Fires is a solid story. The rest are fine.

6 Likes

I’ll admit I’ve never quite gotten the hype for The Pilot that so many seem to. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, it just doesn’t do a lot for me either.

4 Likes

Could mainly be that I just prefer Series 8 and 9 and Clara to Series 10, Bill, and Nardole.

3 Likes

Ribos and Pompeii were instant locks. Pilot and Angels I’m a little sad not to vote for, but they really don’t have a shot against these two for me

6 Likes