What Are You Currently Watching?

It was Episode 3 that existed - the one where Victoria sits in a corridor with Denes. It isn’t the greatest one to judge the story although I always rather liked it.

9 Likes

It’s a marvellous story. I’m so happy that we have it back in the archives. Troughton is great in it. I also find it fun that it’s set in the far-flung future year of 2018, and we have now passed one of the future settings seen in Classic Who! At least they portrayed the future more accurately than Back to the Future or Blade Runner, which we have also passed :joy:

12 Likes

Yes 2018 was alarmingly recognisable :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine has an episode set in 2024. Watching it in 2020 for the first time was uncomfortable to say the least. Eerily realistic.

10 Likes

@tian ok, now you guys have done it. I am going to grab an orange soda and watch it again!
It is a lot of fun!

6 Likes

Ya’ll, I just saw The Chase for the 1st time, and how did no one tell me, ever, that the Daleks face off with Dracula and Frankenstein?! It’s theorized by the Doctor as the human mind come to life, and revealed to be an attraction. But if it was an attraction, none of them would’ve survived Dalek death rays. Like what?! :joy: Amazing stuff. Quite a weird story honestly!

It’s got an interesting beginning with the time and space visualizer, which I really enjoyed. Shame I didn’t actually get to see the Beatles portion, as I guess for rights issues it isn’t on the Collection version. Then the whole portion on that planet with the fish-looking guys is… meh. I was much more into it when they took off and went to New York and the ship, those were fun.

And the Mechanoids!! For a long time, I thought their design was gonna be the Daleks’ ship. They were odd things. I did enjoy the battle between them and the Daleks! It was such an interesting use of film.

And we meet Steven here! (Well, also as the guy from Alabama a few episodes earlier?) I’m interested to see how he develops from here. I’ve only seen him in the Celestial Toymaker recently and I liked him enough there.

I’d give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10

13 Likes

Ah, but the reason the death rays have no effect is precisely because they’re attractions! They’re animatronics, not real people, and so there’s nothing to kill!

9 Likes

It’s 5:30am rn and I’ve been up all night watching Who.
I kinda jump all over the place, but slowly going through Classic, and rn I’m onto The Aztecs. I’m IN LOVE. Maybe its because I love the Aztec costumes they have for Ian and the Ocolotl dude.

Had to take a pic of Ian as an ocolotl, what an icon.

Also will anyone explain why Ian and the Ocolotl dude were sleeping next to each other after deciding they were “friends” now?

And the doctor gets his first on-screen fiance. Adorable.

Update: AND THE FINAL EPISODE IS JUST LIKE A FOR HONOR MATCH :heart::heart::heart::weary::weary::weary:

13 Likes

The Aztecs is a good one. I’m a big fan of Bad Ass Barbara.

We also have a TV Club thread for it here:

6 Likes

Finally watched ‘Paradise Towers’ today, it was certainly an interesting story but I did overall like it which I believe is the popular opinion here.

As much as it had its issues I was still definitely enjoying myself the whole way through!

11 Likes

The acid trip nature of that era is one you either try to fight against, or go with and have fun.

8 Likes

I choose fun :DD

9 Likes

Just re-watched the Giggle in preparation for reading the novelization.

6 Likes

I finished watching Inferno yesterday. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it very much.

14 Likes

Inferno is one of my favourites. Such a well constructed story. And it’s surprising that at 7 parts it doesn’t feel long.

12 Likes

Now I don’t know what to watch…

13 Likes

Start at the beginning again. It’s what I plan on doing.

11 Likes

Yes, I am thinking about doing that. Maybe in a different order. Is there another order of watching Classic Who

But I have some other shows to watch before. Heard a lot of good things about God Omen.

9 Likes

Good Omens is brilliant. Well worth your time.

As for viewing - there are some useful guides on the site putting the stories into chronological order - one about the Romans has just appeared… :wink:

13 Likes

Finally finished The Key to Time. I’m honestly a little disappointed by the conclusion, even if I thought it was a fine story.

9 Likes