The Eleventh Doctor Chronicles

OK so I just listened to the first Eleventh Doctor Chronicles with Valarie (The Inheritance) and they said in the behind the scenes that this is Jacob’s last series because he is leaving :sob:

So it will be bittersweet for me as everyone says how great these sets are, but they are numbered. Oh well!

7 Likes

I believe Dudman has a 12th Doctor set coming out after these but, yes, he has said he has retired from playing the Doctor.

1 Like

Shame. His 11 is so good. I’d much rather him do another 11 set than any more 12 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I heard it on the behind the scenes too and yea it really sucks. His 11 is absolutely amazing and I don’t see Big Finish getting anyone soon who can do such a good 11 impression while simultaniously being just a really good actor. So that will probably mean no new 11 audios for a while? :frowning:

Jacob posted this on his youtube channel yesterday

4 Likes

I watched that earlier today. Sad times. His 12 has actually improved so I’ll give it a go when it comes.

Just finished Victory of the Doctor, the last of the 11& valarie audios! Really really enjoyed it, I’ve just loved this whole series so much. I can now officially call Valarie my favorite 11 companion. I’ve been thinking it since her first set, but now that all her stories are out I can just outright say it. And don’t get me wrong I do love Amy and Rory and Clara (though I very much prefer Clara with 12) but Valarie had just amazed me in every single story. Hats off to Safiyya Ingar and Jacob Dudman for their amazing performances, and well done Alfie Shaw for producing such an amazing series.

1 Like

Yeah, he is sadly (but understandably) moving on. I hope they get Smith onboard soon or find someone else because I need more Eleven audios in my life. By the way, you’re in for quite a ride; those last sets with Eleven and Valarie are really good stuff!

3 Likes

Lots of people are saying this. I’m super curious as to why she’s so good!

I’ll keep listening soon, got to listen to Phantasmagoria first as I’m falling behind :laughing:

2 Likes

I haven’t heard any of this range. I have an aversion, probably illogical one, to recasts of living Doctors. But his Eleven is really good. Maybe I’ll give this range a go (amongst all the other stuff I have on my list).

5 Likes

I feel almost exactly the same, I do plan on giving them a shot soon though

2 Likes

I had the same aversion and was going to skip it but then saw all the rave reviews!

1 Like

Same here, I didn’t think I’d ever check out any of the chronicles audios and I wasn’t super interested in 11, but when the first set came out I saw a bunch of people, even people who didn’t even particularly like 11, really hype it up and I figured I had to at least check out the first set (very glad I did!)

2 Likes

Fortunately, Jacob Dudman’s Eleven voice is fantastic. It’s not perfect, but it’s very spot on, and he’s arguably one of the better recasts BF has done recently. He’s so good that I often find myself forgetting that it isn’t Smith doing the Chronicles!

Dudman’s Ten and Twelve pale in comparison.

3 Likes

They probably do, but they are far more convincing to my ear than Bradley and Noonan as the 1st Doctor, Michael Troughton as the 2nd or Treloar as the 3rd (not that any of them are bad but they take a greater suspension of disbelief for me to fully engage with the story).

2 Likes

Recent convert to this range, two thirds of the way into Geronimo! Its really good.

1 Like

Loving this. Geronimo! was brilliant. This feels like a whole secret season for the 11th Doctor :headphones: :heart:

The only minor issue with this set is that given the plot of The End it might have been more effective later in the range.

1 Like

folder-4-2-768x768

Not a great start for 4th box set. One of those stories that’s trying to be clever but just isn’t that enjoyable to listen to.

1 Like

Just started the first set of 11 chronicles and it is crazy that it is not Matt Smith who is acting. If sounds exactly like him.

6 Likes

Listened to Volume 3 (the first with Valerie) a few months back. Just picked up Vols 4 & 5 yesterday, so I may have to jump on those soon.

3 Likes

Places share what you thought after you are done with them

1 Like