I don’t think this bit is especially true. Blake’s 7 is created by Who alumni who (at least one half of) intended for it to be set in the same universe. That narrows down your criteria for other shows massively, maybe even entirely.
At risk of getting off topic, Ive thought abou this a lot since joining. Im young, and could feasibility 100% the site if I wanted to. But looking at the really tangential stuff… Im not sure want to. So I wondered where the end point it. The charicter tracker? The “main stuff” (whatever that means)? Badges? Getting bored in 20 years?
For now, my average raiting is a battle between the terrible old comics and a backlog of 1,000 unrated stories I actually like and am getting through. And thats all I know
Just to let you know, plans are in motion to be able to discount any Range, Publisher, or Set that you don’t want to count.
So then your percentages will work how you want them!
More details soon.
For me, yes, the end point is absolutely when I lose interest (or die, or lose internet access; whichever happens first, lol). While I am generally a completionist, with Doctor Who I give up on that idea and simply enjoy the journey. But I still love the stats because it is fun to see how far I am from the impossible.
Dorian spun out of DW? I was always under the impression that Dorian was just a 19th century character they decided to do Big Finish stories about.
This specific version of Dorian has been ‘spun-off’ from the Bernice Summerfield story Shades of Gray. They actually only decided to adapt The Picture of Dorian Gray after they’d already recorded some episodes of Confessions! (Likely because they were planning one of the later stories that had references to the novel and wanted to be able to provide context on it for listeners who hadn’t read it)
Briefly on the topic of Sherlock Holmes, I’d say that there’s enough Holmes material out there to justify its own site.
This, all the way. The idea that I’ll never even come close to completing all of Doctor Who is, strangely, extremely comforting to me. I love the idea that it will simply go on forever. Always more to discover!
Just for the record, it’s literally impossible to 100% the site. We have a few things here that can’t be completed anymore because they don’t exist (live events, Creator Comics, etc.).
Well I guess it’s possible if you had allready done that stuff
True, but they’re excluded from the badges and (I believe) charicter tracker. Not sure about the stats though
A very Doctor Who way of thinking!
@N_Squared and @SuperCookie64 (and anyone else interested)
There is an update on the “Beyond the Whoniverse” and stats here:
I’m trying to accept this as well, but there’s a small part of me still wondering how long it really would take to complete everything.
Of course, after a year and a half on this site, I’ve only rated about 3.5% of all stories. So even assuming that nothing else is added, it’s another 41 years to go. Still doable, right?
Probably not. Assuming you’ve mostly raited “main stuff” like TV, audios, books, etc, your rate will be quite slow. In the past month Ive raised my % complete by over 5% for one simple reason: old short free comics/stories.
A huge amount of stories on this site take minutes to consume and are free online. Minisodes, magazine comics, 1960s TV comics, etc. Alien Babies alone is 51 stories (like .5%) thay can be finished in a day or two if you want. So if you actually tried to complete almost everything you’re going to massivly speed up the rate for like 2-3000 stories.
There’s a topic about this ![]()
I prefer not to treat my fandom like a speed-run. ![]()
Oh damn, I didn’t realise how much there was. I’ve been going through a few of these recently (Tardisodes, Lockdown, Case Files), but there’s quite a lot I’ve missed, clearly.
But-but-the numbers! How can you stand a world where it doesn’t tick up as fast as possible?! ![]()
I was a fan long before TG stats were even a twinkle in @shauny’s eye… I prefer my Who at a sedate pace - I’m getting old.