NEW: Choose which stories count towards your stats

Doctor Who is an incredible franchise, due to how licensing worked back when it was first created it is not all ‘owned’ by the BBC, but there are characters and locations which have allowed for stories to be told by other companies.

There are also some very niche crossovers, like with Thunderbirds and, most recently on TG, with Blake’s 7.

This can be part of the fun of Doctor Who, and many people have asked us to add in all these weird and wonderful offshoots. But for some of you, it’s frustrating because you only want to track proper Doctor Who, and want to see stats and lists that reflect that.

Well now there is something which should hopefully please everyone[1]!

By default, anything classes as “Beyond the Whoniverse” is now excluded from stats and from “Uncompleted Stories” or “Unowned Collectables”.

This makes it easier for you to see at a glance the % complete you’ve done, and not be bothered by things which are so far removed from Doctor Who that it’s a wonder they ever got added…

But if you’re a fan of these stories, you can easily add them back!

And…

You can exclude ANY stories based on Rages, Publishers, or Sets!

Not a fan of Torchwood? Never gonna do those Paradise Towers audios? Unsure if Arcbeatle Press is for you? Have no fear!

Go to My Account Settings → Customisation and find the “Exclude Stories from “My Stats” and listings” section.

Add or remove Ranges, Publishers, and Sets here.

Then marvel at your changed stats!

Here is what it currently affects:

  • The % complete on your stats pages, as well as on your homepage and profile page
  • The “Uncompleted Stories” list and “Unowned Collectables” pages on your profile[2] - it’s like you’ve skipped them all (except they aren’t skipped).
  • Your homepage Latest releases will no longer show things you’re not interested in.

It does not currently affect Character Trackers, but I may add this.

There is one little caveat:

You can still search to find the stories, and see them in lists elsewhere. They aren’t automatically skipped. And if you do complete some of them, your stats might get weird, including going over 100% completed if you complete everything else. I’m not sure how big a deal this is, still looking into it. Basically I don’t want your completed stories to no longer ‘count’ towards totals, just because you hid them.

That’s it! Go and have fun exploring the weird and wonderful Whoniverse!


  1. Never going to happen, lol ↩︎

  2. Not the Patron Filters, as they show everything ↩︎

33 Likes

Amazing! Now - what to exclude,…what to exclude… :smiley:

8 Likes

Blake 7?

9 Likes

That’s the only thing I’m not excluding.

All Hail Liberator Guide!!

9 Likes

Nice! Now to do some excluding & see my new stats!

10 Likes

100% Doctor Who Speedrun challenge

10 Likes

Great update! I will probably enjoy playing with this and seeing my stats with various groupings.

8 Likes

Look how impressive I am (excluding all ranges :laughing:)

19 Likes

Awesome! Now to start a petition for The Avengers.

4 Likes

6 Likes

How dare they!! /s /lh

Jokes aside, lovely feature Shauny! It’s quite commendable how much effort you put into this website. :purple_heart:

15 Likes

Very true! So much hard work & continual additions.

11 Likes

Love this feature! Thanks, @shauny :tada:

I also like that you can see what a user has chosen to hide. Now we can all secretly judge each other too! /j /lh

16 Likes

Genuine question: why did you block all the Bernice Summerfield sets individually?

4 Likes

hid every range and broke my stats page :+1:

8 Likes

I have a small question about this—is there a way to exclude certain sets from stats and averages even after completing them? My overall rating averages went down a lot after I read a ton of Daft Dimension and Doctor Who? comics and it made me a little sad because it looks like I enjoy the Whoniverse a whole lot less than I actually do! (Feels odd to have a three-panel comic count as much as a full audio or book too.)

I understand if this would be a ton of work and not worth it, but on the face of it it seems similar to these setting changes!

9 Likes

Ah, good ol’ “divide by zero” error.

I must admit I didn’t expect people to hide everything.

Fixed.

12 Likes

Do you know why it decided to try and load like it was a tablet? That was the weirdest part imo.

4 Likes

I’m thinking about how best to do that because some people might not want to exclude them, and if you watched all of Blake’s 7 this week then hid it, it would be weird if your stats said you did nothing this week.

So it’s confusing.

For your case, you can view the “media breakdown” to see which media types (comic strips) are bringing the average down.

In future I’ll also be showing averages per Range and Set and things like that…

7 Likes

Oh it was just because it stopped rendering everything after it saw the critical error, so it was a half-finished page.

5 Likes