Which fourth story of a Doctor are your favorites?

Inferno, Time of Angels, and Genesis.

4 Likes

I may have compiled all of the “Doctor’s xth story” lists in my rankings from first to thirty-ninth (the last with an overlap, 4 and 11). So I’m set for all these polls unless we run into a difference of opinion on what counts as a single story or not as well as Shada.

2 Likes

I’m curious how far these will go, and when the number of allowed choices will decrease. Seems like a lot to allow three when we get to, say, twenty-fifth story when there are only 6 options.

1 Like

Can’t wait until we get to 40th story where we can choose from either a Fourth Doctor story or a

7 Likes

Since we started with 15 stories and 3 choices I’m going to cut it down once 10 doctors remain to 2 choices then at 5 left only 1 choice

4 Likes

Haha did your homework, yes Shada is included (35th) yeah I guess discrepancies might be on the multi part NuWho like I said above I’m almost positive mine correlate with production codes apart from flux/trial

2 Likes

Once 11 is finished the last 3(?) 4th doctor stories will just go head to head to head

2 Likes

Had to go with The Moonbase, Inferno and Genesis of the Daleks.

If I had room for a fourth, I’d have squeezed Aliens of London/World War Three on there too.

5 Likes

I love Moonbase is getting the respect it deserves yes I know I didn’t vote for it, but it’s very underrated in my mind

4 Likes

Inferno (Third’s best story)

Genesis Of The Daleks (I mean… It’s Genesis)

Was tempted to go for Listen, given how much I’ve warmed up to it in recent years… but I gotta be honest with myself and go with School Reunion. No amount of cringey Rose/Sarah Jane banter can make me not love this one.

6 Likes

Listen and Genesis of the Daleks. Not sure of my third choice yet

4 Likes

Some excellent choices here. I went with…

1st: Inferno

…

2nd: Genesis of the Daleks

3rd: Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone

…but I enjoy many of those listed. Honourable mentions for Marco Polo and Listen.

I’m going to stand up for Arachnids of the UK. Now, it isn’t a favourite by any means but I do feel it is somewhat unfairly maligned. It has several notable problems (most problematic is the solution at the end) and yet… there’s plenty in it that I enjoy a great deal. I like how it riffs on The Green Death but in a totally different setting. There are some nice moments in it. Jodie is in real “ball of energy” mode. All in all, it rattles along for me and is always entertaining. It’s not a great but it is a lot of fun (for me) and never boring.

5 Likes

According to Wikipedia, 11 had 39 stories and 4 had 41 stories. I wrote […]until we get to 37th story[…] because I first thought the Doctor with the second-most stories was 10, but he has 36, a few less than 11.

2 Likes

Inferno, Genesis, Time Of Angels etc for me, but this is a great crop, I hate not being able to vote for Marco Polo, or Listen, or The Visitation, legitimately three favorite stories, or even the next tier for me, which would be Moonbase, Mark Of The Rani, and School Reunion, all pretty great. I really like Boom too! Fourth stories are typically very good, we have learned haha.

7 Likes

I’ve generated stats with my answers for this and all upcoming polls for fun. But I won’t share until after this series of polls is complete.

6 Likes

I agree, this one was difficult. Pretty much all the stories here (that I have seen), I like, and several of them I really like. I ended up picking Marco Polo, Genesis of the Daleks and Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone. I definitely looked over The Moonbase, The Visitation and Listen though, they’re all ones I enjoy a lot but after thinking it through I went with the other three.

I thought about Inferno too but I find it a bit overrated please don’t murder me.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see!

Yeah I was thinking of doing something when the polls close (I think mid december is what I set) of comparing the how the favorites ranked compared to the average rating on the Guide but not 100% sure yet

2 Likes

This makes sense, Moffat did way fewer two-parters in the Matt Smith era than Tennant had. So 10 has more actual episodes but 11 has more individual stories.

2 Likes

Well, now I’m taking back my emoji react after your edit haha, you can just have a nice neutral “like” haha.

3 Likes

In short it’s a count of each Doctor’s stories I’d pick (including the shifts to 2 choices and 1), as well as how many were first second or third, and then those numbers per the number of stories they had total, since obviously the numbers for the Doctors with the most stories will be inflated by the later rounds.

3 Likes