Which fourth story of a Doctor are your favorites?

We say goodbye to the 14th Doctor after last week’s poll. And the results at the time of posting are 1st Edge of Destruction 38%; 2nd Giggle 30%; 3rd Vengeance on Varos 28%

All previous polls are still open

And we also see our first NuWho 2 parters coming this week - for the most part I’m going off of production codes for 2 or 3 parters. Only exceptions will be Flux and Trial of Time Lord those will be the individual episodes/stories/chapters

You still get up to 3 choices

Favorite 4th adventure
  • Marco Polo
  • Moonbase
  • Inferno
  • Genesis of the Daleks
  • Visitation
  • Mark of the Rani
  • Dragonfire
  • Aliens of London/World War Three
  • School Reunion
  • Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone
  • Listen
  • Arachnids in the UK
  • Boom
0 voters
1 Like

It has to be Inferno, Genesis of the Daleks and Listen for me, three of the all-time best stories in the history of the show, and each quite unlike anything else on-screen. Lots of other good ones in this group, but not at the level of those three.

6 Likes

I’ve been staring at this for the last week unsure of the third. With inferno and the angel two parter being locks for me.

Stuck between Marco Polo, Genesis, Listen Visitation, School Reunion, Boom, and Dragonfire and I’ll probably end up changing my vote as this goes on

4 Likes

Inferno
Genesis of the Daleks
Visitation

8 Likes

Inferno the story that you are!!!

6 Likes

Inferno is fantastic, that simply can’t be denied. There was even a point where I’d call it my favourite Classic story ever. The pacing has begun to grate on me on rewatches but it’s still excellent.

Genesis of the Daleks does not get my pick because that is the most overrated episode in existence.

And Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone is one of the best sequel (sort of) episodes of the show, with Moffat brilliantly building on the Weeping Angels and Blink. That could’ve so easily just been “Blink but with Eleven!” but thankfully Moffat took it in a new and wholly natural direction, it’s a great time all around.

6 Likes

Hold the press! We’ve found something @Speechless and I agree on!

Inferno, The Visitation and Time of Angels for me.

8 Likes

I love the angel two parter the only thing I wasn’t a fan of is the scene where you see the angel move. I liked the way it was where they are just these super fast entities and you don’t see them ever move. Like a less dramatic Raston warrior.

That being said I weirdly didn’t mind when 13 became one during flux and you saw the transformation

5 Likes

Now this one… This one is downright mean. There are so many fantastic ones here that I’ve given 5/5’s to… Boom, Genesis, Listen, Angel 2 Parter… All of these are fantastic. However, my top three has to be Marco Polo, Inferno, and the controversial, Aliens of London/World War Three…

8 Likes

When I was looking at the upcoming lists I was like the new few weeks are all going to start getting harder and really make people have to pick and choose between favorites

3 Likes

Ironically, this week was easier for me than last week because I think Marco Polo, Genesis and Listen are all hugely overrated.

9 Likes

Throwing another vote for inferno because of course.

I also really like Marco Polo! It was my first experience with a missing episode and it was really well done and good. Also school reunion cause you get Sarah Jane and K9! As well as Anthony Stewart head (who most people know from buffy the vampire slayer) who is great in this role

Time of angels/flesh and stone is great, but seeing as I watched it before blink I had no context with the angels at that point. I do need a rewatch though cause it is fantastic! Aliens of London/ww3 is also great because it’s some silly fun before they hit you with the horrors of Dalek. I like the slitheen aside from the obvious fart jokes.

Kinda sad that moonbase doesn’t get more love though! It may be your usual run-of-the-mill cyberman base under siege story for s4, but there are still quite a few good points! And while it’s clear they had no clue what to do with Jamie at least Ben and Polly get a chunk to do! And we have an iconic two quote!

6 Likes

Inferno, Genesis, Listen, but some other great ones in there too

5 Likes

Shhh! Spoilers for the next poll hahaha :rofl:

I agree! I wouldn’t especially in this list have it near my top 3 but I do feel it’s a massively underrated story and I was surprised when I saw how lowly it was perceived

3 Likes

Inferno, Genesis and Boom for me, a very tricky decision not to vote for Marco Polo as well

3 Likes

This day was spoken of in prophecy!

3 Likes
  1. Inferno
  2. Time of Angels

tumblr_m59wqkooub1qcwhkeo1_400

7 Likes

So, I went with the boring trio of Inferno, Genesis of the Daleks and Boom.

But I could’ve gone for Marco Polo or the Angels two-parter, too.

4 Likes

I’m literally obsessed with this GIF right now

2 Likes

Inferno>Genesis>Listen>Angels/Stone>Marco Polo>Boom>Moonbase>School Reunion>Visitation>Aliens/War>Dragonfire>Rani>Arachnids

So far, fourth episode is the strongest set of episodes in these polls according to my rankings. 6 in my top 100 stories.

5 Likes