What's Made or Not Made Your Day?

Scandinavia Alert Scandinavia Alert!

Not that I’ve seen it but the only thing I associate with Midsommer is that horror movie from a few years back!

That and the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge.

9 Likes

I’ve seen the horror movie in question, it was very weird. I don’t think I liked it.

In fact this was my review :joy:

5 Likes

I love Modsommar. Even made me like Florence Pugh.

1 Like

Big Midsommar enjoyer here. The first five minutes or so haunted me for a long time after, and it’s got some of the most accurate visual depictions of hallucinogenic drugs I’ve ever seen on film, it’s almost uncanny. I like a lot of Ari Aster’s work.

1 Like

What’s made my day: It’s my birthday!

What’s not made my day: My phone got robbed on my way home from work/birthday drinks after work :unamused:

18 Likes

Concentrate on the happy birthday, ■■■■ the rest of it.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that. But happy birthday. Hope you haven’t reached an age when having candles on a birthday cake becomes a fire hazard! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I just don’t know what emoticon to tag that with. Let’s focus on…Happy Birthday!

9 Likes

Just focus on the birthday drinks for today… Happy birthday!

6 Likes

Happy birthday @Shayleen !

9 Likes

I wasn’t at home last night and I left my flat windows open. Someone decided to have a bonfire in their back garden last night. My flat smells of smoke.

10 Likes

My fish died, Rip Crowley-Samuel

15 Likes

I participated in a psychological study that involved getting EEG electrodes attached to my head. I was paid $16 (American). Got to pay for those Big Finish audio dramas somehow.

13 Likes

Getting a nice Airbnb booked for my holiday to Iceland. Now just need to sort out flights & not forget to renew my passport.

5 Likes

I made a spreadsheet to check prices of flights and accommodations for my November trip and found out that I only need a third of the money I had saved up. It took me almost three years to save up this amount, and finding out that with my current level of income I could take a five day trip to Europe every year is making my head spin a little. I’m very excited!

15 Likes

Is this where we start thinking about a TARDIS Guide meet-up… :wink:

16 Likes

Yeah I’m travelling more than I used to. Even on my low public sector pay lol

6 Likes

Just Tennant being iconic again

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/david-tennant-labeled-the-problem-by-u-k-prime-minister-in-lgbtq-rights-clash/ar-BB1oWGgV

16 Likes

And JK Rowling is not happy. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/jk-rowling-makes-feelings-clear-on-misogynistic-david-tennant-trans-speech-amid-badenoch-row-male-entitlement/ar-BB1oVqNS

Which is generally when you know you’re doing things right…

14 Likes

Worse thing is, Joanne is meeting with Laboor leadership to talk about anti-trans stuff. It is a ■■■■■■■ joke.

14 Likes