What's Made or Not Made Your Day?

They need some novelizations of stories at least the iconic ones or those related to Stockholm itself

I got a notification about soon being Luvic of Traken day. Of course, it’s Robin Soans’ 77th birthday tomorrow.

3 Likes

That is unfortunately not a long list.

4 Likes

The Helsinki list doesn’t even exist :wink: though I believe it’s mentioned in Frontier in Space.

4 Likes

The most unfair thing is that Norway has a lot of representation but no one from Norway cares enough to even join this awesome place.

4 Likes

Naah, we don’t need them Norwegians here clowning around :laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

Then set in… roughly inside those borders (and even that’s stretching it)

Or related to nordics, their culture, mythology, and civilization.

So… terminus, curse of Fenric, girl who died, it takes you away…

3 Likes

And they’re like all set in Norway :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Curse of Fenric is set in Britain and terminus is set at the center of the universe

3 Likes

I thought Britain was the centre of the universe?!

That’s what I learned by watching Doctor Who!

14 Likes

To Nyssa, the Traken castle and eventually Tegan would have been the center of the universe

4 Likes

Idk where else to put this but I can’t sleep. So it’s Not Made My Day I suppose.

I just keep on thinking back to the first time I met a Whoniverse actor (Colin Baker) as a kid at a con. But something happened and while he was carrying a plate of sandwiches I nearly tripped him up. Directly where he would’ve fallen was a steep flight of stairs. My dad grabbed me and pulled me to the side. I had no sense of spacial awareness at the time. In another universe I’m the reason Colin Baker died.

And that thought keeps me up at night.

12 Likes

We are celebrating Midsummer’s Eve by going on a 12-hour picnic cruise today. That’s always fun and relaxing! Tomorrow, we celebrate Midsummer’s Day by having dinner with my family. All hail the Nordic summer and nightless nights!

10 Likes

Glad midsommar!

We are celebrating small this year. We are going to a neighbor for a Pickled herring lunch and then staying at their place for some playtime and then a BBQ dinner. I don’t think that we will dance around any poles today (for our non-Scandinavian friends: normally we dance around a big green phallus and sing that we are small frogs).

8 Likes

Tack detsamma, glad midsommar :tada::partying_face:

:finland: Hyvää juhannusta!

That’s yummy!

That’s also yummy!

This makes it sound like a fever dream :joy:

10 Likes

Mmm pickled herring is delicious, but mainly eaten in the autumn and winter months here.

We sadly don’t celebrate Midsommer as it looong ago was co-opted for celebrating one of the Saints and moved a couple of days for some reason.
So in 2 days we have Skt. Hans Evening instead where people gather in the evening around great, big bonfires and sing songs about Midsommer? And when I was a kid people used to place a witch made of wood and straw on top, not a lot of places do this anymore though.
Pure Danish “hygge” :blush:

8 Likes

Ooh, interesting. That sounds a bit like our Valborg.

4 Likes

Why am I not surprised that Denmark once does things differently (that is, wrong)?

Why do we even include you in Scandinavia??

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

We eat it on all big holidays: Christmas, easter, and Midsummer

5 Likes

We eat it mostly during Midsummer and Christmas. My wife and I love it though, so we eat it all summer long.

6 Likes

I’ve never done anything for Midsummer, not really a thing here, but my stepson runs a restaurant and he invited us to come to their event this morning which is to have breakfast on the beach at 4am and watch the sun rise.

Needless to say I opted for staying in bed. Some of us have Doctor Who to watch late tonight!!

10 Likes