What's Made or Not Made Your Day?

Sat on hold with Royal Mail for over an hour to arrange a redelivery. FFS

EDIT 2 hours for a 2 minute job.

6 Likes

Happy to report there’s no problem with my washing machine after all.

Unhappy to report why.

Turns out the sewer pipe from the house to the street is compromised. There’s been enough tree roots working their way into the pipe and restricting the flow, and so there was buildup, so much that water (or whatever) could not get out fast enough, and so when I was doing laundry, it backed up enough that the machine couldn’t drain, and that’s why I thought the washer had a problem.

So, come Friday, we’re tearing up the front lawn and replacing the pipe. But not the washing machine. The washing machine would have been cheaper!

Life goes on.

In the meantime, @ItsR0b0tNinja – hope you feel much better very soon!

11 Likes

It’s kinda made my day seeing 19 people on the forum at the same time today.

14 Likes

Thanks. I’m feeling a lot better, but still testing positive. Just a matter of waiting it out.

8 Likes

You know, I remember a time when being positive was a positive thing. Sometimes the world just seems totally topsy-turvy.

But glad you’re on the upswing.

4 Likes

Safe to say I have had a Bad Day.

Not only did it begin with my friend announcing on the last day of our holiday that I’m going to have to move out because they got engaged to their girlfriend, but I have now been sat in the airport for over 8 hours because of a delay and a screw up which means I won’t even be getting home until tomorrow now. :upside_down_face:

Time to watch some K9 to cheer myself up I guess

16 Likes

I saw 20 and, likewise, it gave me a little thrill :smiley:

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that! I’m sure everything will work out.

I hope K9 cheered you up at least. :k9:

8 Likes

Trying to gauge just how bad… Do you like the girlfriend? If you like the girlfriend, then it sucks you have to move out, but you can at least feel happy for your friend. If the girlfriend is someone you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy, then that takes it from Bad Day to BAD DAY.

Wishing you safe travels.

6 Likes

Long story short. Friend is my ex and I am pleased for them. New girlfriend is my replacement. She doesn’t like me. Bad Day.

But at least I am on an aeroplane now! My own bed is calling :rofl:

11 Likes

Tested negative. Finally. Does mean I’m working at 6am tomorrow.

16 Likes

I’M HOME!!! only took forever :sob:

13 Likes

A few days ago I dropped a dinner plate :plate_with_cutlery: and prevented it from smashing by catching it on my big toe. Who knew I had such cat-like reflexes??

But now my toe has come up in a big bruise that really hurts, and it’s ruined my plans to go jogging :persevere:

14 Likes

That’s a silver lining surely? :wink:

16 Likes

No, I really enjoy jogging, it gives me a big mental health boost!

7 Likes

Know the feeling, same with me and Badminton :badminton: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Even more proof that you are, in fact, the Doctor. You’ve had your practice by preventing Ruby’s G&T glass from smashing by catching it with one hand in that nightclub once, yeah? :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, now if only my toe could regenerate! :weary:

6 Likes

Tennis for me. Playing tonight, in fact, as long as Shauny keeps those plates away from me.

7 Likes

This may or may not have been what I was doing at the time.

ObeseInfamousIntermediateegret-small-1

6 Likes