I know this thread doesn’t really respond to anything that isn’t a poll but I would greatly appreciate any reccomendations for the best showcase of manipulative 7th Doctor. Book or Audio (I’ve seen all his tv episodes) what is the best showcase of his cosmic chess player persona.
Love and War is a good one (originally a book, also has a Big Finish adeptation).
We have a thread for that:
I’m at a bit of a crossroads in my listening. I’m still working through the Monk’s audios and my relisten of Counter-Measures 2, but I’m feeling the need for some non-Who BF but can’t choose which. Help me out people.
- Sherlock Holmes
- Blake’s 7 - full cast
- Blake’s 7 - Liberator Chronicles
- The Omega Factor
- The Tomorrow People
- Sapphire and Steel
Haven’t listened to any of these yet but Sherlock is something that I’ve been wanting to listen to next so I chose it
![]()
![]()
![]()
you know what I will say
Quelle surprise @sircarolyn
do i need to say anything
That or we need to start putting pennies in our Survivors piggy bank (because I am still thinking about that series finale lmao)
Just finished Dalek Universe 2 and I wanna take a break but idk what to chuck on next…
- Robophobia (then I’ll probably start Dark Eyes after)
- Torchwood: Corpse Day
- Jago & Litefoot S3
I need to go back to J&L, I haven’t listened to a series for years. The last one was Series 8 and that was BTG (Before TARDIS Guide).
I remember having lots of fun with it, great comfort listen for when you don’t want something too heavy.
Are we going to start a religion and label history and BTG and ATG? /j
What do you mean ‘start’?
Oh I’m sorry I didn’t see the flyers at the door and I’ve never really popped by on sunday so I’ve missed the sermons by @MrColdStream and you denouncing The Web Planet and extolling the values of Delta and The Bannermen
That’s okay. As long as you’ve bequeathed all your worldly possessions to Shauny by the end of the week, you will be allowed to ascend to the next level.
I’ll give you everything but my battered blu ray copy of Season 14
Actually while I’m here it’s not Season 14 it’s Comple Tom Baker Season 3 because we don’t get Collection editions in the states and I think that’s ridiculous. AND THE BRITISH ONES ARE REGION LOCKED. So I would have to get a british blu ray player just to IMPORT a collection. If you’re going to make the blu-rays why not make them the same??
Now I’m mad and I’m going to send another complaint to the BBC.
they’ll probably give me the runaround again…
I need to properly focus on one doctor who ‘project’ as such again i think so I’m giving you the choice
- Fourth Doctor Adventures (in S5)
- Bernice Summerfield (in S4)
- all Romana stories
- all Narvin stories
- all Veklin stories
- Unit Brave New World
- the EDAs
- just relisten to gallifrey again you can get one more round in before WR3
