What Should You Watch / Read / Listen To Next?

That’s one problem I have, so many movies I’m told I should watch and so little time.

1 Like

After I finish the book I’m reading now (Invasion novelization), I’m going to read one of three PDAs I have or that will be delivered in the next few days. I’ve been hitting both 7 and Cybermen hard lately, so I’m trending toward Illegal Alien, but thought I’d put it to you all here to decide for me what I should read next:

  • Illegal Alien
  • Festival of Death
  • Fear of the Dark
0 voters

Fear of the Dark is one of my favorite Doctor who novels. It’s fantastic. I hadn’t seen classic at the time when I read it and still managed to understand the dynamics between the Doctor, Tegan and Nyssa. It’s dark though as a warning whenever you get to it

4 Likes

I think DW is usually at its best at its darkest, but thank you for the warning :grinning_face:

3 Likes

Which of these are the best display of pre To The Death/pre Time War Eight in terms of characterization. If there is a better option that isn’t schezero (that one freaks me out) let me know

  • Terror Firma
  • The Silver Turk
0 voters

Thanks to everyone who voted in the DVD poll. The winners are Air Force One, Cowboys and Aliens and The King’s Speech. I had more stuff come in than what was on the poll, and a couple of those have holds, so I might be watching them first. For the record, they are The Fugitive and Icefall.

1 Like

Thanks for voting. As expected, Empire Strikes Back wins (it and Dead man’s Chest won the last poll I did for this). This is kinda on the back burner with my huge stack of DVDs. And it all depends on what I’m feeling anyway.

1 Like

Trying to decide what audio to start with for tomorrow’s shopping trip. Single choice poll this time.

  • Human Resources (8DA 1.7/1.8)
  • Open the Box (UNIT 7.4)
  • Manhunt (CM 2.1)
  • Faith Stealer (MR #61
0 voters

I see the overwhelming winner is Human Resources. Thanks for voting. (I honestly thought there would be more votes for Counter-Measures.)

1 Like
  • War Doctor Rises: Fallen Heroes
  • Gallifrey: Time War 1
0 voters

War Doctor Fallen Heroes is perhaps the greatest boxset that Big Finish have ever released.

Think “Doctor Who does Alan Wake”

4 Likes

A poll and gallifrey isn’t winning?? something is very wrong with the world [1]


  1. I’ll be real Time War is not my favourite era of Gallifrey and I don’t actually know the war doctor audios. but gallifrey time war brings you closer to war room which is amazing ↩︎

7 Likes

This just means that the Disciples of Gallifrey have been slacking lately. It’s been talk of CM and Alliosn, but we’ve forgotten about Leela, Romana, and Narvin…

4 Likes

Don’t worry in two weeks you’ll wish we’d shut up

4 Likes

You mentioned leela and romana???

5 Likes

You might have forgot them but I haven’t…

4 Likes
  • Erasure
  • All Hands on Deck
  • A Heart on Both Sides
0 voters
1 Like

Alan Wake mentioned, adore that game so much I’m dying to replay it

3 Likes

Haven’t done a single bit of DW media since the announcement and I’m in the mood for some Fivey so I’ve got the choices down to these.

  • Eye Of The Scorpion
  • Circular Time
  • Pursuit Of The Nightjar
  • The Merfolk Murders
0 voters
2 Likes

I got decision paralysis and need the illusion of external accountability to watch the things I want to watch. For this week, should I continue my first time through One, continue my Four rewatch, start a New Who rewatch, or continue my spinoff journey by rewatching/finishing Torchwood or starting K9?

what do?
  • The Space Museum
  • The Stones of Blood
  • Rose
  • Everything Changes
  • Regeneration
0 voters
1 Like