TV Time - (but not Doctor Who!)

I liked it :joy:

6 Likes

I love Mad Men. I have a difficult time finishing TV shows, but I finished that one incredibly fast. Everything about it ticked the boxes (except it started to get a bit redundant/meandering in its later seasons, though this is probably expected in slice of life shows. Downton Abbey (another good one) was the same way).

3 Likes

this silliness has made my day

7 Likes

It is good. I don’t know if I watched all of it but I definitely liked what I saw.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree about the last couple of seasons repeating themes that have been covered earlier, but it’s still so well acted, written, and directed that it doesn’t bother me. It’s more time spent in smoke filled rooms contemplating life.

3 Likes

I wish I could find similar boardroom dramas made in the 2000s. I’ve watched a few different ones over the years, but they’re all on the older side (pre-1990s).

3 Likes

I think the closest you’d get with a modern setting is Succession, but that is more of a dark comedy. I think having something set in the past couple of decades isn’t going to come for a while as there needs to be enough distance to reflect on what was perceived as normal, but was actually quite toxic.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get through the first episode of that, unfortunately. Not a comedy fan, and it was a bit too crass for my liking.

Also, sorry, I meant shows from the 21st century, but not necessarily set in it (like how Mad Men was made in the 2000s, but is set in the 60s.). Have you (or anyone else) watched House of Cards? I think that may fit the bill on summary alone, but summaries can be deceiving lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, I couldn’t get into succession myself. I watched the first four episodes and tapped out.

House of Cards is fine, but it goes off the rails really quick. Plus, you’d have to look at Kevin Spacey.

I can’t think of anything recently, but to be honest I haven’t watched a lot of brand new stuff.

3 Likes

Ugh, that’s unfortunate. I’ll try the first episode and see how it goes.

3 Likes

Best tv show of all time!

My god if we’d had the internet back then fans would have been raging!

4 Likes

He should marry Whoopi Goldberg.

4 Likes

Here I sit enjoying Scream of the Shalka in peace and when I decide to check the forum I notice the absolute hilarity that has ensured here in my absence, culminating in the post of the week (Peter Cushion).

I simply love y’all for giving me The Giggle!

Ha-ha ha ha-ha ha ha!

11 Likes

4 Likes

Farscape and Babylon 5 are both fantastic

While we’re reccomending shows, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency and Sense8 are both incredible (if sadly cut short)

9 Likes

I keep meaning to watch Dirk Gently as I enjoyed the two books but never seem to get around to it.

7 Likes

It’s weird, but really good.

6 Likes

Started on the new seasons of My Adventures with Superman, Interview with the Vampire, and The Boys the last 2 days

4 Likes

The first season of Dirk Gentley was great. The second not so much.

Shame about Max Landis being a turd.

6 Likes

Watched some Psych yesterday after seeing a YouTube video about it. It is still kind of fun.

IMG_1574

9 Likes