A huge UFO has crashed in Hallamshire Forest. Are there survivors? Is the site safe? There are a lot of questions to answer. With UNIT and Torchwood gone, the police must step up, while keeping the incident under wraps…
Fortunately, they have officers with extensive experience of otherworldly threats… Patricia Menzies is on her way. Yasmin Khan is being recalled. But Yaz’s sister, Sonya, believes the world has the right to know the truth about aliens…
Rochana Patel doing double-duty this week between this story and tomorrow’s 12DA! Given she’s already been responsible for two of my favourite stories of the year so far (Ride or Die and Fear of the Light) I’m very excited for both of her new ones this week. It’ll be interesting to see how much of a “reset” this is for this range, as the first story after the “mid-season finale” - I’m assuming it’s going to be pretty standalone, Vampire Weekend-style, but I’m intrigued to find out whether the rest of this season is going to build on the Tourist/Aegis arc or if we’re going to be getting something a bit different.
I do need to do what I did with the 9DAs last month and revisit the previous stories in this range at some point, I’ve listened to Vampire Weekend a couple of times and Ride or Die twice but the others only once.
Rochana Patel has rapidly become one of my favourite Doctor Who scriptwriters. Original ideas, knows how to write character, gets Doctor Who extremely well. Her writing always feels fresh. This is going to be a good week!
The review for this story in DWM has me even more excited. I’m so so SO excited for Yaz’s sister’s appearance I really hoped we’d get her in this range.
Ahhhhhhhh the Doctor arranged for Yaz’s secondment by calling Menzies ahhhhhhhhhahabmnx
Ahhhhh this is the kind of Big Finish stuff I live for: stuff that will pop into my mind when watching the tv episodes, and go “ohhh that was THEM!”
I am so. Damn. Excited.
If you’d have told me a few years ago that I would be more giddy about new 13th Doctor adventures then new 9th Doctor and Rose ones, I’d have called you mad.
Ahhhhh Menzies is so cool!!!27£;?/
The Condemned was the first Big Finish story I ever listened to, wah back in 2010. We’ve been starved of new Menzies stories for far too long.