Thasmin Appreciation Thread <3

I seem to recall the photographer confirming that was intentional too! It’s maybe a bit obvious in hindsight but every new thing was like “woah, is this really happening?”. Wonderfully exciting time.

2 Likes

The words hung above
But never would form
Like a cry at the final
Breath that is drawn

Remember me, love
When I’m reborn
As the shrike to your sharp
And glorious thorn

1 Like

Hey
It’s all me in my head
I’m the one who burned us down
But it’s not what I meant
Sorry that I hurt you
I don’t wanna do, I don’t wanna do this to you
I don’t wanna lose, I don’t wanna lose this with you
I need to say, hey
It’s all me, just don’t go
Meet me in the afterglow

2 Likes

Space girl, show me the stars
You know the galaxies of my heart

5 Likes

I hope you play this song some day
And think of Earth Girl who loves Space Girl

5 Likes

10 Likes

Thinking about them even more than usual today, if that’s possible. They just mean so much to me :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Was I born alone?
Have I recently developed a propensity to push people away?
Am I okay with that?

2 Likes

Preorders for this fanzine just opened! In addition to the lovely cover that I shared before, there’s also a gorgeous daylight variant (which I think is the one I’ll be picking up) and a bunch of fun merch like stickers and art prints and pins.
Profits go to Huddersfield Children’s Hospice, and The Albert Kennedy Trust.

Note: I’m not affiliated with this in any way, I’m just very excited for it and wanted to share here

8 Likes

Thanks for the link - I ordered the digital version!

2 Likes

Doing another Flux rewatch and it’s really hitting me how the first turning point where 13 stops pushing Yaz away and starts being emotionally vulnerable is the hologram which she records immediately after seeing that Vinder has lost Bel and how determined he is to find her. I think that makes her realize how afraid she is to lose Yaz and how much it will hurt Yaz to lose her again and makes her start to realize how shitty she’s been and how much it’s hurting both of them.

God, Flux means so much to me and I love 13’s/Thasmin’s arc through it and Bel and Vinder are so greatly under-appreciated as the sort of emotional core of the series

8 Likes

There’s such a lot of emotion in that hug. I never thought (prior to 2005) that I’d give two hoots about the Doctor having (whisper it quietly, lest it offend) feelings for anyone, but it just adds so much to the characterisation - especially given the tragic overtones.

And a shout out to the subtlety in the acting from Jodie and Mandip.

I’m a convert.

7 Likes

If you find yourself out
If there is a right time
Chances are I’ll be here
We could share a lifeline

5 Likes

Last day of Pride Month :blue_heart:

Thinking about this scene again (honestly not sure if I ever stop thinking about it) and I really do think it’s one of my all-time favorite scenes in the show.

6 Likes

I absolutely love that scene!

My personal favourite is just a bit earlier in that episode, can’t find a clip right now, but it’s the one with this quote:

DOCTOR: But the point is, if it was going to be anyone, it’d be you. But I can’t.

YASMIN: Why not?

DOCTOR: Because at some point time always runs out.

That quote specifically, and also the scene above just really speak to me, there’s something about it staying somewhat unspoken, not quite happening but clearly being there that speaks to me as an aroace person. I often find that sentiment of ‘if it’d be anyone, it’d be you’ in regards to some of my friends, but being afraid/unwilling to risk what we have because I know it wouldn’t work out like that.

5 Likes

Yes that scene is also great! I think LotSD is just such a beautiful episode for them, and I just love the sort of mundane tragedy of their story that nothing is stopping them from acting on their feelings except for 13’s fear of getting hurt down the line.

5 Likes

THASMIN BIG FINISH IS REAL

13 Likes

My first thought when I read the news was: Now is @flora_snow00 happy :star_struck:

11 Likes

Also thought I’d mention here that today is the last day to preorder this zine!

5 Likes

:blue_heart:

5 Likes