Thasmin Appreciation Thread <3

Just thinking about this parallel in Flux

3 Likes

Bel should have returned in The Power of the Doctor instead of Vinder! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Bel is one of my favorite guest characters and I’d have her back in a heartbeat

2 Likes

Agreed. Such a great character, and a delightful love story to boot. And I love her accent.
If only we could get an explanation on how long her people’s gestation period lasts. How long was Vinder on that space station? The math is not adding up in my brain. :thinking::grin:

2 Likes

Eh, a “things are different for aliens/in the distant future” handwave works for me lol

2 Likes

One of my complaints with Flux was threads that didn’t seem to go anywhere, and Vinder and Bel was one of them.

Doesn’t mean I don’t like them, I just think their story wasn’t fleshed out, and probably cut a bunch for time, much like that UNIT serpent guy. I really feel Flux needed another episode or two…

2 Likes

Thinking about the theory that 14 becomes the Curator and imagining her taking 13’s form and going back to Yaz… This might be the thought that finally makes me try writing fanfiction.

3 Likes

You’re kinda cute, and I
Would say all of this
But I don’t wanna ruin the moment
Lovely to sit between comfort and chaos

1 Like

Please, hurry, leave me, I can’t breathe
Please don’t say you love me
胸がはち切れそうで
One word from you and I would
Jump off of this ledge I’m on, baby
Tell me, “Don’t”, so I can crawl back in

2 Likes

Gotta share my incredibly cute new profile picture by joygirlmelii on Twitter.

8 Likes

Can you see me? I’m waiting for the right time
I can’t read you, but if you want, the pleasure’s all mine

2 Likes

Thinking about this sort of parallel of moments of Yaz charging in to save the Doctor without any hesitation. Walking straight into Gallifrey before Graham can even finish asking who’s first in The Timeless Children and then running to save her and having to be held back by Dan in Village of the Angels.

7 Likes

Rewatching the specials…

4 Likes

Finally started writing this. No idea if or when I will finish it or if I’ll publish it if I do but it’s really nice when I start feeling really sad about them to be able to work on something where they just get to have a nice sort of happy ending without having to retcon anything

1 Like

Happy 2 year anniversary to THE Thasmin episode (that makes me want to jump into oncoming traffic /lh)
Legend of the Sea Devils

2 Likes

Thinking about this moment again. The way that Yaz has spent the last 10 months so worried that she’ll never see the Doctor again and desperately searching for a way to get her back and when she finally does make it back and all that worry can finally go away, the first thing that comes flooding in to replace it is how hurt she is from having been left for so long.

We were worried about you

4 Likes

Happy Lesbian Visibility Week!
Thasmin Hug

9 Likes

The way her smile disappears and she looks away as she remembers all the reasons she’s too afraid to act on her feelings…

Eve of the Daleks

3 Likes

I’m here again
Talking myself out of
My own happiness

2 Likes

Things have gotten closer to the sun
And I’ve done things in small doses
So don’t think that I’m pushing you away
When you’re the one that I’ve kept closest

1 Like