I want LEGO Doctor Who!

Lego dimensions is cool I want a doctor who game. Opinions?

3 Likes

Welcome!

I never got to play LEGO Dimensions (although I bought all the minifigs). I would LOVE a full LEGO game.

All the Doctor Who video games have been pretty poor :frowning:

1 Like

The Best Doctor Who Game that was not a Doctor Who Game. I do believe they miss the boat on not making a legit Lego game.

4 Likes

It would be incredible!! It’s the perfect franchise for it. All the characters, locations, stories etc.

5 Likes

Let’s hope that Disney connection makes it happen!

3 Likes

I have Lego Dimensions and adore the game (there’s only a few figures I’m missing but they go for silly money now its been discontinued).

The Doctor Who parts are absolutely brilliant and there are a number of secret areas based on episodes that are hidden in other levels and packs. It was clearly worked on by some proper fans.

1 Like

I do have all the Doctor Who packs for it. I do have loads and loads of legos though.

2 Likes

I played lego dimensions and really liked it, though part of me likes every Doctor who game, even though they are almost never good…

I think lego games really mesh well with what I always want a Doctor who game to be, and I’d love to see one that was dedicated to it and not just a small part of a separate game

1 Like

I have played the recent doctor who lonely assassin game aswell as the first text based game and the free pc games they all had a certain charm to the. But I find I enjoyed Lego dimensions the most

The Lonely Assassin was the greatest Doctor Who game ever.

I wanted the VR game The Edge of Time to be good because I have a VR setup but oh my goodness it was bad.

1 Like

I don’t know why but for some reason I am not buying a vr headset as I don’t think it is fully cooked yet for example in my opinion the best games are like the last of us and Batman Arkham. Arkham has had vr stuff but there’s a limit to traversal and quality due to the fact that vr needs resources so less textures and detailed models. I think that there’s potential in a vr weeping angel game but vr limits the ways a player can interact and play the game and it’s just easier to use a controller or keyboard to tell those stories and have satisfying gameplay. This may change with future technology though.

We NEED Doctor Who lego!

2 Likes

If you play Half-Life: Alex you will see what all the fuss is about. It’s an unparalleled experience.

Unfortunately, no other game has matched it.

There is a Weeping Angels section in the Doctor Who VR game which is fun at first but gets tedious.

4 Likes

I scared the **** out of myself playing the Weeping Angel bit in VR. I’ve got the Xbox non-VR version now and my daughter had great delight watching me shriek whilst playing that version’s Angel level.

1 Like

I will have to steal my friends and try it

I didn’t quite get to the weeping angel part, my computer started having a lot of issues around the time I was playing, and I haven’t really gone back to play it sense

I want to finish it at some point, but I’m waiting at least to get a new computer before I try

1 Like

My friend has a VR headset and got the game and brought it over to my place so he could watch me play it but I kept getting motion sick and so I’d only play for a little bit at a time, and when I didn’t feel like playing he’d keep playing, and it just so happened that right as I got motion sick was RIGHT before the weeping angels section started, so he had to play through all of that. I felt so bad for him lol

1 Like

And the PC port is even worse.

That’s disappointing to hear, I was semi planning on playing that on my SteamDeck at some point

It was okay, it had potential. But the save was almost non-existant, and if you died in-between autosaves you often had a long way to go. It got to the point where you basically had to memorize stretches that you were repeating so often. And there was no control mapping, and the controls that it did have weren’t always the easiest to find. I played a total of 97 minutes and haven’t touched since October 2021.