Free For All Chat Thread (Part 3)

Spiders are friends. ALL of them. I am saying this of my own free will

9 Likes
3 Likes

Absopositolutely! Wardrobes in Space and Time! :star_struck:

5 Likes

He is our hero!

3 Likes

I actually own a physical cd of this album somewhere! (And several other They Might Be Giants cds.)

3 Likes

I’m partial to The Cure - Lullaby for spider songs

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I had the first few on cassette, then CD around John Henry and Factory Showroom. I saw them in Minneapolis around 2005/6 and they promised to play at least one song from each of their albums to that point. It was an incredible show! :star_struck:

1 Like

He’s having me for dinner tonight - RSVPed and everything.

3 Likes

Since there are threads for other fandoms , is there any for mlp? @SweetAIBelle

2 Likes

Unbound Tian
He’s now played by David Warner

8 Likes

Haven’t seen them live in concert, unfortunately. Bought a collection that had their earliest albums in it, then got several other albums, including those two, from a cd store that used to be close to where I lived, and picked up others later.

Main concert concert I’ve seen out here was Weird Al, which was great. I’ve seen bands perform at renn faire a number of times, too, but that’s typically more renn faire type bands.

2 Likes

Don’t think anyone’s created a specific one just for My Little Pony yet, just they’ve come up in several other threads, and I think there’ve been threads for Doctor Who related fan videos involving My Little Pony.

Of course, anyone who wants to can change that.

4 Likes

That’s fantastic! I’ve never seen Weird Al live, despite having been a fan for more years than I’d care to say, so we can be low-key jealous of each other’s concert experiences. :hugs:

3 Likes

Yep! He’s amazing in concert, with lots of costume changes and such. I remember with Like A Virgin, the music was changed up to sound like later Madonna songs, and one of the guys in the band was standing there with two huge traffic cones on his chest.

I also recall a brief song “The Toppings Go On”, parodying “My Heart Will Go On” was played, which definitely hasn’t turned up on any albums.

Ended up with a “The Saga Begins” shirt from that concert…

(Of course, I’m jealous of people that have been to more recent concerts, as these days, he’s been playing something like one cover of a normal song per concert, like David Bowie’s Suffragette City.). Not sure if that’s all tours or just specific ones.

4 Likes

He’s an absolute genius, and not just in France!

3 Likes

I’m actually fairly likely to end up listening to songs because I heard Weird Al’s parody or heard it in one of his polkas…

3 Likes

As far as barometers go, you could do far worse…

2 Likes

I think that’s a fair amount of where my eclectic taste in music came from, since I’d get his albums, listen to the originals of songs, listen to more from those artists, and things expanded out…

2 Likes

Ok i’ve finally caught up on the forum (it was nearing 100 unread topics)

11 Likes

I’ve been at that point far too often…

5 Likes