Kinda different from the main question, but after 2 years I finally sorted my bookshelves out.
Pay no attention to the fact that one of shelves is very scuffed and missing a section. (It’s totally because I didn’t mess putting it together and one of the shelves decided to fall apart)
It’s not necessarily a bookshelf but part of one that’s built into my bedroom wall. The ones that are stacked on top of each other are mainly guides and books that are too large to fit vertically. The actual books are put in order from when I got them from new to old (left to right). The book holders are TARDIS themed. The only Doctor who item I collect physically are books and they’re the main merchandise I’m interested in.
God I need a shelf ![]()
![]()
Here’s my Target Novel collection!
The pride of my collection is this copy of ‘The Wheel in Space’
And these two lovely illustrated versions of Target Novels!
I’ve build my KALLAX bookshelf and spent pretty much all day organising things.
It’s not quite ready yet, and I want to wait until it’s daylight again to post a close-up of my Doctor Who LEGO minifigure collection, but here’s the bookshelf so far!
(Not many books on it haha)
Is that three separate TARDIS Guide badges I spy
Ah, you beat me to it. I was about to ask if can even be called a bookshelf. ![]()
Wait! You are building Swedish furniture instead of working on the new site! How dare you /j
Good spotting!
One is the one I plan to give away, next to K9. The other in the frame is mine. And the one next to the TARDIS display is my husband’s but it went through the wash by mistake - tip: don’t do that, the back melted off so it’s now without a pin. But still pretty cool, I might stick it somewhere ![]()
To be fair there are books there, pretty hidden.
Of course you own the Hocus Pocus set.
And I’d love to know how bothered your husband was by his badge going through the wash. I’m guessing not much…
Oh yeah I have a few more sets that I haven’t built yet too, I will work on them soon now I have space.
Nah he wasn’t that bothered although I do have loads more ![]()
Mine broke off because I managed to get it caught on something :CCC
Oh well, I’ll get another eventually
Wait I just realised, 3 lego K9s too
Yeah I think I have more as well, I bought all the bricks separately and made them myself ![]()
Last year I rescued this TARDIS video cabinet from the back of a storage cupboard where it had been stuck for, what I was horrified to realise, was almost twenty-five years.
I put the TARDIS in there when we first moved to this house and it gradually disappeared behind a wall of cardboard boxes and other household clutter. As I don’t have much call for VHS video-tapes any more, and the shelves are not wide enough to accommodate DVDs, I cracked open a box of Doctor Who novels (that had also been stuck in the same cupboard) and filled the shelves with those.
I always wanted one of those for my VHSes.
Heck, I want about half a dozen of those for all my stuff (books mostly, and also some DVD/blu-ray). Actually half a dozen wouldn’t be enough. Looks like you’d get maybe 125-150 books in that?











