Big Finish: The Monthly Adventures

Will Arrowsmith is so bad you have to wonder why Big Finish let him be written and performed like that. It’s not like anyone was clamouring for Jeremy Fitzoliver 2.0. but that’s what they gave us.

3 Likes

My thoughts on this discussion having only heard Colditz is “Ugh, Klein comes back?”

2 Likes

Her first trilogy after Colditz is marvellous. She’s also good in UNIT: Dominion. Her second trilogy is less good.

6 Likes

Klein’s Story is a marvellous lore dump audio, fleshing out her character even more

6 Likes

I found that funny.

The peak of the Main Range will always be the Evelyn and Hex arc. Best Who content ever

3 Likes

I adore Fanfare! Such a joy of an audio, glad to hear you enjoyed!

5 Likes

We’re Doctor Who fans - easily 70% of our lives are spent complaining about this show <3

8 Likes

I loved Will and that trilogy tbh, Persuasion is my favorite I think

4 Likes

Do you need help? Is that your code? Is someone holding you hostage?

(Seriously, I love Delta and the Bannermen and even I can’t understand the decisions made around Will’s character).

3 Likes

COUNTER MEASURES TIME!!! I am so happy to finally be here!!!

Also very excited that Afterlife is next, I’m intrigued to get started on the Hector stories

4 Likes

Actually, I got so excited to see my team that I forgot I have a bunch of issues with this episode. I’ll elucidate in my review eventually, but it basically boils down to John Dorney is being slightly too smug in how clever he is and how much fun he’s having, and I am always somewhat disappointed that Rachel and Allison are a little decorative in this one because clearly Gilmore is John Dorney’s favourite.

But anyway, I do love this episode and I love Rachel and Ace interacting. They are so much fun and I wish so much we could have had more CM. <3

4 Likes

WHY DID NONE OF YOU TELL ME AFTERLIFE WOULD MAKE ME CRY!!!

listened to the first half on the way back from the airport in the car and part one especially just devastated me :sob:

7 Likes

The crazy part is that Afterlife gets even better after that

4 Likes

Yes I finished it last night, I enjoyed it very very much. The way it’s all about dealing with grief in the most painful of ways… Doctor Who at it’s best

4 Likes

Don’t forget the gorgeously badass speech from 7

3 Likes

That is the point, go as blind as you can. I did and it completly tore me apart.

4 Likes

So i have been focusing in listening to the adventures with 7th, Ace and Mel. It was a complete shock when i discovered that were gonna travel all together and i had to know what it was all about. I’m now in the last trio of stories and for the most part i’d say they haven’t any that interesting with. There’re good stories that i enjoy for the most part but the dinamic it isn’t all that new, the chamestry it’s definitely there but the writing doesn’t tag along. It took 6 audios to tackle the fact that this Doctor it’s diferent form the one Mel traveled with, that after she left he took a shift in how he looked at thing. It was satisfaying once they did it but it took to long.

5 Likes

Still woefully behind on writing reviews out of the vague notes in my app, but here’s the next batch!

5 Likes

Halfway through Signs and Wonders, and I must say, I’m not so keen on this love triangle thing between Ace and Sally Morgan over Hector… The other two stories in this trilogy were okay, but I’m waiting to cast judgement on this one yet. I do think I’m understanding why you guys were saying that more Hector stories weren’t really necessary though

7 Likes

Oh dear… I was not convinced by that at all, alas :confused: A little bit too ‘and they all lived happily ever after for me’. Maybe I’m just one of those ‘i like it when the companions stay dead’ people, but Hex magically getting his memories back and going off with Sally and becoming good old Hex again? Really? Which is incidentally why I don’t want Lucie Miller back either in a post-To The Death world bc it cheapens it. I think that’s why I didn’t vibe with the 60th either, because Donna’s end had impact, and now it’s just ~magically all better~

Thinking about it, actually that’s what irritated me about Empire of Death too, the way Ruby’s end was just so nicely tidied up and nothing was wrong in the world anymore. Call me a sucker for angst, I guess.

Anyway, yeah. Hmmm. I didn’t hate it, but I don’t think I liked it. I think maybe they should have stopped with Afterlife.

8 Likes