An Introduction, I think?

Hello, after recently joined today and deciding to go after all the Who Stuff I consumed, I decided to post an Introduction too! For Starters, I was never somebody who was in any Forum, as far as I remember, so this will be my first go at it! I remember getting in Doctor Who around 2018 for the first Time, I do search for easy buys online and found some, that being Season 24, Five Doctors, the TVM and later also the first three revival Series. I started out with the first three, and I must admit I didn’t really know for most of the time what was going on. Furthermore, I connected a lot more with the early years of the revival, but for some reason never continue. Later around 2022 I believe…? I started to get more interested in Who again after kinda not forgetting that, which lead me to watch everything from the classic show and almost everything from the Revival, and now I really got into it! I especially connected a lot with BF, as well as the classic show!

In terms of favorites with the Doctors, I’d have a hard time to decide where I place which Doctor, in terms of a Top 10, I’d say 1-8 + 12/13. In terms of a top 4, I really have to say 1, 2, 8 and 12 so far, might change in the future, so who knows!

13 Likes

Welcome welcome!!!

Hope you enjoy it over here!

1 Like

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

What are your favourite Big Finish Ranges or Stories?

We also have Audio Club - TARDIS Guide Forum and TV Club - TARDIS Guide Forum which we always welcome more opinions/reviews.

1 Like

We also have the Book Club and Comic Club as well if those are your preferred medium.

1 Like

Thank you! Personally choosing a favorite is hard, I’d say I enjoy the monthly range quite a lot, it’s a shame that it ended (I said while I still work my way through it). Besides that, I enjoy the Box sets of Eight and oddly enough find myself drawn a lot to the companion chronicles and early adventures ones!

And thank you, I’ll keep it in mind!

1 Like

Thank you for mentioning those! I must confess that I still have a big way to go with both of those mediums in Who! But I will make sure to give it a try after I got more work done with those!

Welcome to the forum @RandomJoke - good to have you here.

1 Like

The Book Club is alternating its way through the Virgin New Adventures and the New Series Adventures. The Audio Club is working its way through the Main Range (currently on #12: The Fires of Vulcan). The TV Club is in the middle of Season 1 and Series 1 where it alternates between Modern and Classic Who every Monday. And the Comic Club just got started with the Titan Comics where we’re going through each collection in rough release order. Here’s the upcoming schedule for May 2024: May 2024 Club Schedule. Also, you can drop in at any time. Look forward to seeing you there at some point.

2 Likes

Funnily enough we have been talking about the companion chronicles recently, and about how good they are.

I’m a big fan of the Montly Range. Great way to have varied Doctors and stories.

2 Likes

Thank you for informing me about it!

1 Like

You’re welcome. All four clubs are very informal with the occasional rabbit trail. They’re designed so that each story gets a thread so that anyone can jump in and out at their leisure. And you don’t have to consume it right away. It’s perfectly fine to chime in with the recollections from the last time you consumed the story.

2 Likes

So, if I understood you correctly, you can just jump in those threads and give your thoughts to those stories, even if you haven’t seen them recently, yeah? (Sorry for asking again, just want to make sure I am on the same page! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s absolutely right - come and join the discussions.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to :tardis:guide.

1 Like

Oh lovely, they are indeed great, while I still work my way through them, so far from what I heard I enjoyed them greatly!

Lovely to hear! As I said I am still working my way through them, so far the ones I listened to were wonderful! Especially, 5’s stories are among some of my favorites so far! Still a shame to me that they ended it, would have love to seen what they would have done with maybe some more doctors thrown into the mix!

4 Likes

Listening to audios in general I’ve become a big Six fan.

I’m currently doing a TV rewatch with my partner who has never seen it, and at work I’m doing a Big FInish listen from the beginning. Its a lot of Montly and Bernice Summerfield for a while.

4 Likes

Wait you can!?

I need to go back and talk about some revival season 1!

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m making a marathon through the MR at the moment too, and if you feel like dunping any thoughts on any of them, I have a thread going for both praise and complaints: Big Finish: The Monthly Adventures

2 Likes

Lovely to hear! Always enjoyed Colin, even if I am not the biggest on some of his TV Stuff, he is easily one of the ones I was the most interested when I first started BF and from what I heard so far, yeah no he is superb!

I take it you mean the whole of televised Doctor Who, yeah? Hope you and your partner enjoy this massive rewatch, then! And oh lovely! I take it you are on the quest to go through the early days, yes?

1 Like

Thank you! I will make sure to do so!

1 Like