Who are your top three Doctors?

I have a theory about people’s favourites based on general observation, so I thought I’d put it to the people so we can all thoroughly disagree :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (as is the favourite hobby of the dr who fan)

Anyway, my theory is this: people are either 3 8 12 people or 2 5 10 people - that is to say, I tend to notice that people who really like 3 also really like 12 and would rank 5 lower on the scale. Obviously this is all anecdotal and not that serious, but I find it interesting how trends occur.

And I’m making it a poll for fun reasons too.

• One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four
  • Five
  • Six
  • Seven
  • Eight
  • Nine
  • Ten / Fourteen
  • Eleven
  • Twelve
  • Thirteen
  • Fifteen
0 voters

Grouping the Tennant Doctors because if you like Ten, you’re going to like Ten!Three, and also excluding non-numerical Doctors because they’re a separate kind of thing.

I, for the record, am a 3 8 12 person :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (and my next three would be 9 6 7) (and then 11 1 13) (and…)

7 Likes

For the Classic era: First, Second and Third.

For the Revival: Ninth, Tenth and Twelfth

3 Likes

3, 6 and 12 actually :triumph:
I am a Doctor Who fan and thus vehemently disagree with being placed in this 3, 8 and 12 category. Harrumph :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Six, Twelve, and Thirteen (also Fugitive). Yes, I do like arrogant, aloof, and pompous characters. How’d you guess?

5 Likes

It’s impossible for me to choose just 3!

Classic Who has to be 8. I know that’s kind of not fair because most of his stuff is on audio, but I don’t think you specified TV?

For revival, I love them all in different ways, but 10, 11, 12 are great. As I can only pick 2 I had to choose 10 & 11 because 12’s first series was disappointing.

I definitely think 15 is going to fast become a favourite of mine, but it’s too early to tell.

6 Likes

Well, if I had to choose under death threats from the Daleks, Cybermen, and the Master simultaneously, I’d pick 2, 7, and 11. So there goes your theory, and I refuse to be categorised by your silly categories :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I can see 12 is going to be popular but I really don’t get on with his incarnation. But then I would also put 3 and 4 down the bottom of my list - certainly below 1, 8, 6, 7 and 13.

1 Like

It was so hard for me to choose a top three. If I have to choose then 13, 3, and 2, but 12 is a very close fourth.

1 Like

Very hard to narrow it down to 3. So like a couple others here I have grouped it by Classic & Nu Who. & done 3 each because why not lol

• Classic - 4, 5, 3.
  • Nu - 11, 13, 9.
1 Like

2, 10 and 11. Five is probably pretty low on my list. Interesting theory.

2 Likes

It really is an impossible choice, I might have chosen 3, 6 and 12 today but tomorrow is a new day. Really there is probably only one or two incarnations I wouldn’t consider putting in a top three - the casting in Doctor Who is generally impeccable :tardis:

3 Likes

I picked 7, 8 and 10.

If I were to break it by Classic and New, it would probably be: 6, 7, 8 and 9, 10, 11. (And a lot of my reasons for picking my Classic choices is because of Big Finish.)

2 Likes

Well seeing as how you did in fact choose are we to assume that you in fact are in said perilous situation?
If you are in need of assistance just reply with the word “Banana” :wink:

7 Likes

Can I use “pear” instead?

4 Likes

Lord this was a hard one. I’m quite firm on my favourite from each era (12 and 2) but third verall favourite might just be a tie for 3 and 7, and 7 only edges it out because I really like the way that Andrew Cartmel was taking him and I wish we’d seen more!

3 Likes

Well today I am choosing 3, 4, 10.
I love the action of Pertwee, almost Jame Bond like.
Tom Baker. He is the earliest memory of watching Doctor Who with my Mom, plus I love that robot dog K9.
David Tennant is a great actor and loved it that he wanted to do more than one season.

2 Likes

Nope. Never ever.

2 Likes

12 and 13 share the top spot in different ways for me, and I’ve gotta give 3rd to 10 as my favorite when I first got into the show over 10 years ago

1 Like

Also to break your theory a bit more, 12 is my favorite and 3 has really yet to click for me

1 Like

“Never eat pears. They’re too squishy and they always make your chin wet. That one’s quite important. Write it down.”

3 Likes