Which Seventeenth adventure a Doctor had are your favorites?

As we hit another Wednesday in 2026 we go into another set of stories. Last Week [1] saw The Mind Robber finish with 49%, Robots of Death at 46% and at 30% Carnival of Monsters.

All previous polls are still open and able to be voted on or changed/discussed/etc.

We also say goodbye to 15 and are[2] staring at Billie Piper but enough of the past or future I always tend to get those mixed up.

Let’s look ahead to this week’s stories. Where you still have 2 votes

Seventeenth Adventures
  • The Time Meddler
  • The Invasion
  • Frontier in Space
  • The Talons of Weng-Chiang
  • Frontios
  • The Lazarus Experiment
  • Let’s Kill Hitler
  • The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
  • Can You Hear Me?
0 voters

  1. at the time of posting ↩︎

  2. reality war spoiler ↩︎

4 Likes

Time meddler :locked: creative story first other introduction of a time lord and someone else with a Tardis

Choice 2 a bit more difficult invasion is great, talons despite some of the depictions is still a great story beginning to end, the Zygon 2 parter is enjoyable 12 and Osgood together is a fun pair, and can you hear me is really good and i feel like a spooky underrated gem from 13s era
But I think at the end of the day going with talons but will probably change

3 Likes

Two of my most disliked stories ever on this list :zany_face: do I even like dr who lol…

6 Likes

The Time Meddler and The Invasion for me this time, a few years ago I would’ve said the Zygon two parter was one of the best stories of all time but my tastes have changed quite a lot

6 Likes

Can You Hear Me? and the Zygon 2 Parter. I knew I was going to vote for the latter when I voted for the last round. Can You Hear Me? is underrated

4 Likes

Only voted for Zygon.

The other stories here (that I’ve seen) aren’t too great. Didn’t want to vote Can You Hear Me? because that would be a vote for the ideas rather than the execution.

5 Likes

Can you hear me? and … Lazarus Experiment?

3 Likes

CYHM and Zygon two parter lol…

4 Likes

I have a weakness for Doctor Who and the Space War (Frontier in Space)

Second vote goes to Messers Jago and Litefoot

4 Likes

Time Meddler & Talons.

6 Likes

Ah knew the first the second was a guess :wink:

3 Likes

Here I’ll give you a special poll to see if you like who/vote for something you enjoy :joy:

  • Rememberance of the Daleks
  • Doctor Who and the Daleks
  • The last 4 weekly poll options
0 voters
4 Likes

Ohhh I do like Remembrance… a very very normal amount…

6 Likes

Had to go with The Time Meddler and Talons.

Both gave me some of my favourite Doctor Who characters: The Monk and Jago and Litefoot!

Both very fun stories, and I did say any Leela story is an easy pick for me.

8 Likes

Might be the first time that I vote for a 12th Doctor story but I like the Zygon two parter.

7 Likes

Easy picks for me – The Time Meddler and The Invasion.

3 Likes

Straight away pick for The Time Meddler. Ummed and ahhed a bit for the second - went with Talons but could have chosen Frontios, Can You Hear Me? or the Zygon two parter (even if I think the speech is hugely overrated).

5 Likes

From what I’ve seen so far

The Time Meddler - the first pseudo-historical and introduces mah boi the Monk.

The Invasion - I’m a sucker for 60s Cybermen stories, and even without them it’s a fantastic story.

Frontier in Space is just one of my favourite episodes of all time, feels very space-opera and pretty much sums up what Doctor Who is about to me

5 Likes

This one’s brutal, but I feel like I have to go with The Time Meddler and Frontios. Both fantastic stories and highlights of their respective eras. In the case of the former Hartnell-era historicals are often home runs and the Monk provides anew angle while Vicki gets to redefine her dynamic as the seasoned traveller with newcomer Steven. In the latter Davison gives a standout performance in the first part and a huge lore expansion for Turlough, along with the introduction of the Tractators which I’m frankly surprised have yet to come back!

This means leaving The Invasion, Frontier in Space and Can You Hear Me? high and dry though, all of which are great and in another poll could’ve been the top choices.

6 Likes

We did have their cousins though in 15s run the Mantraps

3 Likes