What is the reason behind your banner image?

Spun off from “What is the story behind your avatar?”

I’m wondering what the reason is behind your banner image, if you have one? Also might be fun to have an archive of said banner images, for if people want to share, or change them up regularly.

10 Likes

My current banner is the old 1963 TARDIS, rendered as it was back in An Unearthly Child.

What inspired me to create this thread was spotting @jacksonlakemc17’s banner and loving it. I don’t think banner images are as widely noticed as avatars, so figured it’d be nice to have somewhere to show them off and discuss them.

Also, banners are a fixed size so it’d be nice to see some of them in full, uncropped.

12 Likes

Mine is one someone posted on the forum!

It’s AI, but I love seeing the first five Doctors together!

With Tom at the centre, just as he’d demand- I mean… like.

16 Likes

Mines twojamie because of course

I think the Macra animation is the best Jamie has looked in animation so yeah

I think the reason I set it to that was it was just a random photo I had on my iPad when I was first setting up my profile and I’ve just never changed it. That’s also why my original eight pfp was slightly off centre too!

11 Likes

Before CM, before Gallifrey, before any other thing I relentlessly bang on about today, there was them <33

19 Likes

I interpreted this as the forum banner, not the on on the main site, but both of mine are “group” pictures of Colin and Nicola because I love them. Duh.


12 Likes

My banner image is probably the best one here. (You all have such beautiful banners, probably.) /j

Mine is definitely underused. It’s Heather’s marvelous eye, replete with beautiful colors. Which, to date, not one person has asked me about. It’s a bit like Pulsifer’s Dick Turpin, I’ve just been itching to tell someone. And, like Dick Turpin, there ain’t much to tell.

15 Likes

NOOO Doctor, Peri! Look behind you!!

8 Likes

My beloved 13th doctor <3

13 Likes

Just a brilliant 1st Doctor quote for me :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes


Never have I seen an image which more screams Doctor Who. The way this show romanticizes travel, making it seem beautiful and wondrous, is part of why it appeals to me so much.

14 Likes

Guessing that this was from a photo shoot, but it makes me want to see Six in that outfit…

8 Likes

Mine is because Galaxy 4 is a great serial, and I really love the Drahvins.

12 Likes

It’s from the 30 Years in the TARDIS 1993 documentary

7 Likes

For the forum, I have the cover of Goth Opera, because I <3 Goth Opera
For my header image, I have Missy saying Death is for other people, edited to say Gender is for other people, which (alongside Bowie’s Rebel Rebel) is my thesis statement on gender

10 Likes

It’s great! :star_struck:

8 Likes

It’s a picture of one of my favourite beaches (and one of the most beautiful beaches in Finland) in my hometown, with the Casino (which, despite its name, is not a casino but a restaurant) in the background and the TARDIS in front of it. It took some editing on my part because the original photo has a beach hut (my hometown is famous for its beach huts) there instead. I’ve always found the idea of one of those beach huts being a TARDIS quite endearing, so I thought this would be a fun mix of reality and fiction.

15 Likes

my torchwood team :pleading_face: i miss them so much

10 Likes

I miss them too!! :pleading_face:

I spent so long hating Ng and being fuming that they thought we would like her after what she did!

But then towards the end I really started to like her!

I finished TSC in September, and still think about a lot of the stories all the time. I’d love to do a relisten one day soon!

8 Likes

My user card background is this really cool art of all the Doctors (and the TARDIS), which is also one of my desktop wallpapers:

I use it because it looks really cool.

The banner on my forum profile and the main site is this screenshot from The Rings of Akhaten:

I use it because it’s funny.

11 Likes