What character would you make a spinoff about?

Big Finish are kind of famous for randomly picking characters out of nowhere, dumping them in a spinoff, and making some really good (and really dubious) stories out of it. So, if you could pick a character who appeared in one TV story, and make a spinoff for them, who would it be? And which other characters would you randomly put in there and why would it be River? (jesting, I love her too <3)

I think we could get some good milage out of Professor Marius and his adventures as an eccentric medic/K9 inventor, and it would either get really dark or really silly, or maybe a bit of both. Imagine all the freaky sound design you could do with going into people’s brains!

10 Likes

Just quickly from Revival:

Madame de Pompadour Longing for The Doctor but getting into trouble with aliens in France.

Van Baalan Brothers from Journey to the Centre of teh TARDIS. Cool salvage series where they pick something up and get involved in a plot or something.

10 Likes

You know, obvious choice (River) aside, probably Tania Bell actually? (failing to think of a TV char)
Because as I have said before, on paper her character has a lot of potential with her being Torchwood and all that, but it just felt empty in Stranded. And I know Root is a good actress tbh… so I wouldn’t mind seeing a proper Tania spin off of sorts. It’d give the character a chance to shine, which is sorely needed.

8 Likes

Well the obvious answer is the “Bill Filer: UNIT Adventures” spin-off we as a fandom collectively have been clamouring for for decades :sunglasses:

9 Likes

If we add Audio characters I’d love to see the Lumiat. She’s been in 2 BF stories but one was more of an extended cameo.

7 Likes

I would release an epic 10-part series titled The Professor Zaroff Files. He tries to complete various crazy projects in each of the stories and comes across almost every character imaginable, including all the Doctors, three Masters, Bennie, Jago and Litefoot, the Curator, K9, Frobisher and the Pting.

6 Likes

I might joke, but honestly imagine an animated series with Bill Filer and a team of some of the lesser used characters of that age.

• Bill Filer
  • Corporal Bell
  • Sergeant Osgood
  • Isobel Watkins
  • Ann Travers

I want this now :grin:

8 Likes

Wait a second here… Which Frobisher?

John Frobisher or shape shifting Penguin Frobisher or shape shifting Penguin Frobisher disguised as John Frobisher???

Clearly I am asking the important questions here :eyes:

10 Likes

A spinoff about Peri…and her adventures with Six :stuck_out_tongue:.

Oh, a character who only appeared in one story? Tepesh and Ouida from Zagreus. I’d love to see how they interact out in the real world, stalking prey and whatnot.

9 Likes

You have to wait and see! The Deadly Sins of Abominable Terror coming to your device of choice in March 2035!

3 Likes

I need a Professor Yana spinoff!! I deserve it! God I’m predictable.

I would also like a political drama style spinoff about Raxicoricofallapatorius and those 3 other nearby planets I forgot the name of and I’m not even joking.

6 Likes

This wait until 2035 will be my personal equivalent of the Wilderness Years! :wink:

3 Likes

Goronwy.

Something gentle where he hangs out with other retired Time Lords who have settled down in South Wales - a comedy along the lines of Last of the Summer Wine.

5 Likes

Well, you could still sort of get a spinoff involving Peri with a one character spinoff, but with less Doctor involvement…

How about the adventures of King Yrcanos and Peri?

6 Likes

Varoonik!!!

2 Likes

Maybe we could get a Karkus spinoff?

Karkus

Edit: No this isn’t NSFW. Bad Handles.

6 Likes

“The Life and Times of Pigbin Josh”

tumblr_or6sytQV5M1u9hzbho8_400

4 Likes

I do love Yrcanos, but my ultimate preference is to have a spinoff where Colin’s in a main role haha.

1 Like

Two words:

PEX LIVES

9 Likes

Martha Jones - a medical drama where she’s attending to human and alien patients. Like give me Freema as Dr. Sharpe from New Amsterdam :joy: It could work!!

4 Likes