What character would you make a spinoff about?

Space lesbians
Bill and Heather Kiss

11 Likes

I would release an epic 10-part series titled The Professor Zaroff Files.

Out of all these fun options THIS is the one I need to see

3 Likes

I think Adam and Mickie are the only RTD1 era companions not to have a spinoff now, so why not slap them both together for one /j

Obvioulsy donā€™t do it given the actors, but I think it is funny that literally all of the others have:

• Rose - Dimension Cannon (+ Jackie to some degree)
  • Jack - Torchwood
  • Martha - Year of Martha Jones
  • Donna - Kidnapped
  • Lady Christina - Lady Christina

Honourable mentions of course to Jenny and Novice Hame for also having their own spinoffs, and to Adelaide Brooke for dying before she could get one

7 Likes

Instead of giving Mickey the spinoff, how about giving it to Jake?

With Adam, Iā€™d kinda like to see him be the Masterā€™s companion for a bit. The Master teams up with him because Adam has it in for the Doctor, but eventually decides the Doctor was right about himā€¦

8 Likes

Oh now a preachers spinoff is one Iā€™d like to see

1 Like

You all know that the obvious choice is:

Duggan, P.I.

8 Likes

I was just thinking how much I want a spinoff about the fugitive Doctor.

2 Likes

Coming in January.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, I was totally waiting for that! I have an awful time listening to audio, but maybe I can do it for herā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised that we havenā€™t the Dead Clara/Lady Me spinoff yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Jenna Coleman and Maisie Williams are both still big names in TV/Film at the moment tbf

If they werenā€™t, guarentee weā€™d be on boxset 3 already by now

11 Likes

Have to admit, the spinoff Iā€™d actually want from Jenna Coleman would be a Sandman Johanna Constantine oneā€¦

2 Likes

What about a spin off called ā€œPond Lifeā€ (I know itā€™s been used already for a minisode) about Amy and Rory living in New York.

The Doctor canā€™t get to them so it wouldnā€™t be science fiction at all - just a sitcom about their daily lives and how they adopt their son Anthony (as mentioned in P.S.).

And of course the spin off of the Meta Crisis Doctor living with Rose in a parallel universe.

8 Likes

Wellā€¦ Pond Life wouldnā€™t need the Doctor to be science fiction. And it could have River, I think.

And of course, the metacrisis spinoff, but that could be part of the one with Jake. (In fact, that one, Iā€™d kinda like to have Pete and Jackie be main characters inā€¦)

4 Likes

Oh yes River popping in to see Amy and Rory with her Vortex Manipulator, which can get in small cracks of time that the TARDIS cannot.

(And not forgetting that the Doctor was working to fix the timeline in New York during The Return of Doctor Mysterio).

Brilliant idea, a sitcom with Jackie adjusting to her new glamorous life in a parallel world with her alternate universe husband, with Rose and the Meta Crisis Doctor popping in every now and then.

8 Likes

Yeah, River was already going to stop by at least once to give Amy the book to publish. No saying she couldnā€™t pop by multiple times or stay a while.

Iā€™d love to see more of Pete and Jackie. :cyberman:

4 Likes

I will say, other than unfortunately Filer, everyone else on this list has popped up with either a role or a significant shoutout in a VNA or VMA, most notably Ann Travers in Millennial Rites

2 Likes

Looking at Filerā€™s entry in the Wiki The Claws of Axos is his only appearance with only a mention in two books.
Not much is known of this paragon of hair and sideburns fashion :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I think that this could be a fun spin-off.

3 Likes

I always thought it was a missed opportunity that Big Finish didnā€™t do anything with Sabalom Glitz and Dibber, the pair seem ideal candidates to lead their own spin-off.

7 Likes