@JustAsPlanned Absolutely loving your pfp!
Thanks lol, nearly finished my replay of Chapter 3 and got inspired.
I’m looking forward to replaying it some time (and doing my first ever weird route), but giving myself a bit of time first before I do
Decided to play a quick game of Rimworld. Easiest may to make sure that’s quick is give yourself a particularly difficult start.
So, started with the scenario where you have one colonist waking up naked and alone, with no supplies. In this particular case, she was a nudist dancer who is also a cannibal, so the supplies part was the issue.
She managed to make a little room with a bed and sowed a field of rice. A Muffalo decided it was her pet, so she killed and ate it. Some visitors dropped by, and she got a distress call from a crashed escape pod from someone who wanted to join the colony, but would be paralyzed for a month!
She accepted, the visitors give her some money as a gift and left. Then she ate the new colonist.
She made a club and a bow, and was starting to work on a windmill for power, since all the food she was making kept spoiling. A little kid came by begging for money, so she killed them and ate them.
Then some rats went mad and attacked her, and though she managed to get back in her home, she couldn’t tend her wounds in time and died. Game over.
Rimworld is a very strange game…
(One of my bigger mistakes was making too big of a rice field, because she spent too much time planting and harvesting that. Also, making more meals then she could consume. I’m rather rusty, and, you know, I don’t usually play as a murderous cannibal, which changes things a bit…)
Started Death Stranding 2: On The Beach this week, and I’ve decided I’m only going to play bats##t games like this going forward. The last few “normal” games I’ve tried to play have put me to sleep a bit, but this game is such a constant stream of mad stuff that I’m fully engrossed. One minute you’re making a relaxing delivery across some seriously beautiful[1] scenery, then you’re having a shower, then you have to hide from massive ten foot tall wraiths, then you’re talking to some dude called Harvey Record-Player about all the music he likes, then you’re having another shower, then you’re watching real actor Norman Reedus and actual award winning actress Lea Seydoux saying the most insane Kojima technobabble completely deadpan, then you’re building a bridge or a road or something, then you’re showering AGAIN[2], then you’re fighting a giant mech?! Then you do all that over again, and more - you’d think after so many Kojima games, this stuff wouldn’t be surprising any more, but somehow it still is.
Decided to go back and get all the stuff from previous Deltarune chapters and am now currently attempting to fight the chapter 1 superboss…
Got Metroid: Prime Remastered to play on Switch as a new game to play for completing my desk setup that I’ve been building since last month (desk, chair, lights, monitor, speaker, etc) and yeah, it’s been fantastic so far. Graphics are very lush and vibrant, and the soundtrack is atmospheric and otherworldly too. Everything I’d expect from 3D Metroid!
Only an hour in, but I’m enjoying it! I got stuck and had to seek help online but it just reaffirmed that I’m not scanning enough objects!
Played a game in my steam backlog called “Eternal Threads”.
The timeline’s gotten totally messed up, and you are a time operative who is working to fix corruption. This isn’t supposed to be a main mission, though. You’ve been sent by control to a house in England that caught on fire with six people living in it. They were all supposed to survive, but they all died.
So you go through watching events from the days before the fire, and manipulate the decisions being made, trying to save them, and if you can give them a perfect future, fixing their personal issues, all the better. Very character driven.
I saved all of them, but only managed perfect futures on 5 out of 6. (When I tried to get a perfect ending for the last character, it flipped several others back to dying, and I ended up reversing it.)Got 6 out of 10 achievements. There was a very definite setup for a sequel, not that I see a sequel out there.
I will say the name of the lead programmer in the credits caught my eye. Adam Mitchell?
Last month I was playing Crusader Kings 2 and one of my characters had… just the greatest reign of any Duke in history…
I have been playing some Switch 2 today and yesterday. Mostly Donkey Kong Bananza, an amazing platformer. Best one since Mario Odyssey. I also tried some older games and all of them seem to run much better. Did a fast shiny hunt in Scarlet and doing it on Switch 2 was a game changer; it runs so much better!
Scarlet and Violet honestly feel like completely different games now!
They feel like the game that it should have been when it came out.
Have you tried Animal Crossing? I saw a video that the load times are much less.
This might convince me to get a Switch 2 and carry on designing my island.
Openned this thread sitting next to @gravesgate and he just whispered “zelda”
Not yet. But I can check it sometime.
I think once my student loan refund comes in, I’m caving and buying DK…
The FOMO is frustratingly real
