What are you currently listening to?

I think the first box set of Dark Eyes works quite well but it all goes quite convoluted after that.

If I’m recommending anyone to start with the 8th Doctor, my go to would always be the first Lucie Miller season (especially if they’re used to the modern series) or Storm Warning (to introduce Charley) followed by the second season of her adventures (Invaders from Mars to Neverland).

Lucie bleedin’ Miller :heart:

6 Likes

Apologies for not using her full name :wink:

2 Likes

I rushed listening to the Eighth Doctor & Lucie’s stories, because I’m trying to catch up with everything Big Finish and felt like I had to listen quickly, so probably didn’t appreciate it until it was gone.

That ending though… wow. So emotional. I want to go back and listen to it all again. But I must move onwards!!

Currently listening to the Eleventh Doctor Chronicles, as I’ve heard so many good things about it.

2 Likes

Could people stop making me want to go and spend money on the 11th Doctor adventures!

Not to make your urge to buy it worse @deltaandthebannerman lol but I’m in the middle of listening to the last set of the 11th doctor chronicles! Slightly stalling actually finishing it just because I don’t want to say goodbye to these characters, it’s been a very very good run of stories imo.

2 Likes

I’m still decided what I want to start next. Been enjoying 4da, 9da and 10da.

Planning on starting the new Sontarans vs Rutans tonight.

9da Respond to all calls for me…

2 Likes

Just blitzed through the new Eleventh Doctor Chronicles set, but I think next on my list is the new Sontarans vs Rutans episode!

I am listening to this that was played in the doctor falls
https://youtu.be/1vnhrt0jPrc?list=PLWJDWsO_6wOOzILKtJs_nkpp2mX7BVRPY
I am weird

Listening to Tom baker 4da series 3 on White Ghost atm. Looking for another doctor to get into but it’s so hard to choose between all them hehe. I take anywhere from 30-90mins deciding on what to listen to sometimes.

If you’re swayed by popular opinions, then looking at this list is a good way to find a good audio to get into - find the highly rated ones and then work backwards so you start at the beginning for that series / boxset.

3 Likes

Finished The Galileo Trap today - bit of a come down after The Red Lady. Quite a lot of growling, chomping and shouting but I did enjoy John Woodvine as Galileo and it was fun hearing Helen’s first trip into history.

Farewell, Great Macedon next up.
Not bad. Wish it was not a hybrid type story and was just full cast without extra narration.

Another reason it takes me a while, looking at the synopsis and seeing who’s in them and such. I don’t mind jumping around to different stories for a mixture of things. Usually will do a 4da if really uncertain which to do.

Finally started the new Sontarans vs Rutans today.

1 Like

After years of bouncing around it, I recently-ish decided it was time to blast my way through the main range and listen to them all, in order, to fill in my gaps. And oh boy are some of them… interesting. Currently in the middle of The Architects of History (132), so I still have a way to go :rofl:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum sircarolyn - loving the Allison/7 profile pic.

1 Like

Welcome! We are starting to listen to all the Main Range ourselves, in the Audio Club!

If you can remember any details, you can hop in there and discuss them along with us. But it will be a long time before we reach where you are at!

2 Likes

I haven’t really paid a ton of attention to big finish sense 2020ish for real life reasons, so mostly I’m semi randomly listening to stuff that has been released sense, currently I’m listening to Once and future: past lives

3 Likes