We should have a comic book club

I think that a comic club where we read the Titan comics from the beginning would be fun. I think that one tpb every second week is better than one a week. Or should we do one number a week? Wednesday feels like the perfect comic day. Should we wait for comics to be added to the site or start before that?

5 Likes

I’m happy to have this, if someone else can add the posts each week - I’m a bit stretched at the moment as it is!

It may encourage me to add the comics to the site quicker as well :grin:

Quick poll, would you join in with a comic book club?

• Yes!
  • Maybe sometimes
  • No
0 voters
3 Likes

I can admin it

2 Likes

Then we really need one :joy:

Are you adding individual issues or collected story arcs? The club should probably be in the same format.

4 Likes

I’d say story arcs for sure. Individual issues, as in the physical comics, would be collectables.

4 Likes

I’d be down for this as I have never read the DW comics other than the odd DWM and Trek/DW crossover. I do read a lot of comics so always down to read more :rofl:

5 Likes
  • Okay what is a good phase for story arcs/tpb?
  • Every week
  • Every other week
  • Once a month
0 voters
2 Likes

Trade paperbacks are expensive, 9.99-14.99, so I think every other week or month would be best. But that is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Okay. I might have gotten a bit excited. I created a spreadsheet (I like spreadsheets) with the reading order for the collected editions with dates for every other Wednesday. I built it more or less on this Reddit-post.

9 Likes

I’m bad at reading for the book club, have other audios I want to listen to for audio, and am going through classic at a different pace for TV club, but I’d 100% join in comic club

4 Likes

I love comics but have never gotten into DW comics properly (big Marvel guy here!). So this is something I’d be up to doing.

Every other week would probably be good. We already have TV, audio and book clubs running as well and I really need to find time for everything properly (believe it or not, I have a job to go to as well and I also enjoy other things that aren’t DW related whenever I have the time!).

6 Likes

I also think that every other week is good. I also believe that this would line up pretty well with the weeks without book club.

4 Likes

Of course, if the posts are coming in too fast you can always wait and join the thread at any time that works for you. There’s no time limit.

(He says, as he is 2 weeks behind the Main Range audios because he’s obsessed with The Eleventh Doctor Chronicles right now…)

7 Likes

Looks good. I may need a prod to be reminded to spend an afternoon reading one but I’m so down for it.

2 Likes

We will start the club on Wednesday!!!

We will start with the first tpb

It collected the first five issues of the Tenth Doctors year one and includes two stories:

@shauny has hinted that they might been added to the site until then. But if they are not added by Wednesday then the club will be a good place where you can write what you are rating until they are added.

7 Likes

Can’t wait!!

1 Like

Right. Aquired. Will read them for Wednesday.

2 Likes

What order will we be doing this in if we’re starting with the Tenth Doctor run? Because we have five main ongoing Titan runs (9, 10, 11, 12, 13), plus the other Doctor miniseries and then the upcoming Fifteenth Doctor run. Clarifying so I can update the club schedule post (2024 Club Schedule).

4 Likes

Okay, looked at the spreadsheet. This works. I’ll update the schedule.

3 Likes

When we finish the Titan run in 2026, do we move on to the DWM run or tackle the IDW stuff first? I know, a long ways away, but just thinking out loud.

2 Likes