UNIT: Brave New World - Fractures

Riiiight okay that makes more sense. It wasn’t until after the first story of Fractures I had to look up the wiki to remind myself about him. I have only seen classic who once :sob:

1 Like

ok last thoughts before bedtime:

OBSESSED with the way Brigade Leader Bambera’s thing is “Oh, glorious!” sooooo funny vs our Bambera’s “Oh, shame”

Also I just know this to be true in my heart that if infernoverse Ancelyn exists, Brigade Leader Bambera has him leashed and chained in a tower like a knightly princess or something except his personality is exactly the same so he doesn’t really mind <3

2 Likes

Canadian UNIT woman whose name I forgot again (Maddie, Bambera just said it haha) is great. Yayyy one off side characters!! Obsessed with the implications of her calling Bambera ‘Win’ which implies they know each other well. What’s their story??

Also Brigade Leader Bambera I love youuuuu you can put me in a cage anytime <3

Not seeing an end to having this series on loop any time soon :zany_face:

1 Like

Getting around to this. I already loved the first two sets and the opener to this one is a really solid start to things. A bit silly but a great reintroduction after three years since the last set.

4 Likes

Oh, glorious!!!

I should probably not listen to this box for the fourth time this week right… right [1]


  1. said in the voice of a man definitely about to do that ↩︎

3 Likes

this stupid cliffhanger is going to endd meeeee :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Yeah that was fantastic. Middle episode the best for very obvious reasons but it’s got my favorite Angela Bruce performances in Doctor Who. My one hope is that somehow we get an episode written by Ben Aaronovitch, Andrew Cartmel, or Marc Platt at some point in like Volume 5 or 6.

4 Likes

Hands and knees begging for an Aaronovitch BNW audio. Hands. And. Knees.

5 Likes

Hans & Neez, new villainous duo for the next boxset :joy:

4 Likes

I forgot how much I like the theme music for this sub-range, a militaristic take on the X-Files theme.

2 Likes

KAIJU! aka Operation: Save Middlesbrough.

The first obvious thing to say about this one is, happy birthday Rix. On paper this is a standard monster on the loose story but in reality it’s so much more thanks to the brilliant character work. Our trio have now become such a solid team, we have some humour & more dramatic moments between them.

Savarin more afraid of Bambi finding out he gave the monster the codename Winnifred :joy:

Rix likes Salted Caramel.

I am more invested in the romance between Rix & Sergeant McManis than I am between Kate Lethbridge-Stewart (her dad was the Brigadier in case you didn’t know) & Bloke From UNIT.

That final scene between Rix & Bambi :star_struck:

4 Likes

I howledddd with laughed when the monster wanted to wreck Boro. Have at it as far as I’m concerned lmaooo

This episode is one of my BNW favourites, the character dynamics are all sooo juicy and I am also very fond of Rix/McManus. I was so surprised he made it out alive. I’ve grown too used to boyfriends in BF not surviving haha

4 Likes

Same who cares? :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m from round there, I would laugh if a kaiju trampled it. Go for it buddy :+1:

4 Likes

Additional thoughts on Kaiju, is Thunder Child a reference to H.G. Wells’ The War of the Worlds? In that novel there’s a battleship called HMS Thunder Child that makes an ultimately futile attempt to attack a Martian tripod.

& I have recently had a Debrief. A brilliant change of pace from Kaiju & such a compelling confined story. Just 3 characters in a room recounting (with flashbacks) a failed mission.

I can’t lie, I was a bit disappointed as from the title I thought we’d have our plucky trio taking off their underwear :joy:

FYI

Rix - something flattering from Intimissimi.
Savarin - thong with tricolour French Flag design.
Bambera - goes commando.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She could go commando on m[snipers get me before I can finish speaking]

4 Likes

Stand down Private @sircarolyn . Holster your weapon!

3 Likes

Kaiju: yayyyyyy Bambera!! And Dr Rix is just so good I love how she’s just so caring and human and excited and scared <333 it’s just all the character interactions that make these shine, they are all so delightful

4 Likes