UNIT: Brave New World - Fractures

Literally wailed with delight on the bus listening to this one. I won’t repeat all the freaking out from up there ^ but I have listened to Kaiju like three times now and it has just been so good every time

3 Likes

UNIT BNW is such a hidden gem I tell you, and I’m so glad that I got into it. Like, look at these ratings!!!

3 Likes

Savarin naming the monster Winifred as a joke but it being taken seriously :sob: I laughed FAR too much omg :sob:

2 Likes

Can’t you just see Bambera’s face when the Air Commodore tells her about that :sob: ohhh I love them all so much!!

3 Likes

genuinely not laughed that hard at an audio ever i think, my husband was like “wtf are you laughing at” :sob:

this trio are so good i love the mix of personalities and humour and just arghhhh love them

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s about as hidden as Gallifrey, Countermeasures or The Omega Factor with @sircarolyn not shutting up about it for the last month… :wink:

6 Likes

Who is that? Do you like her? :wink:

4 Likes

No, never heard of her

5 Likes

Is she holding a pink gun? Is it alien?

3 Likes

Debrief… I… We… What… The… Shame…

2 Likes

I am honestly gagged at that story. Another Alfie Shaw/UNIT BNW certified serve. I can’t wait for the last story, but then the wait for the next set… :sob:

2 Likes

The way this episode fools you into suspecting you can guess the twist, then to pull the rug from under you, then to gently place the rug back down, only to SNATCH it away from under you again.

pretty sure I said the exact same thing up there somewhere, WHAT an EPISODE

2 Likes

Oh like fully I was like “oh I see where its going, tad predictable” then “STOP DONT MOVE” then “ah yes I thought as much” then “WHAAAAAAT” like :sob:

2 Likes

Literally I was about to get all okkkk but where’s Lou and Savarin I miss them :( and then it’s like twist after twist and you’re like yeah ok I know what this is doing and then it’s like HAHAH YOU THOUGHT WRONG!! and then Infernoverse Brigade Leader Bambera moved into my brain and I exploded

2 Likes

I… Need… MARCH!!!

1 Like

The scream I screamed at the end even though I called the cliffhanger from the start :sob:

1 Like

So is it another version of him then :eyes:

1 Like

Oh that hadn’t even occurred to me! I kind of read it as the whole Kaiju incident was tearing holes in the multiverse with great abandon and it’s just happened to open up the wormhole to Ancelyn’s World :trade_mark: Evil Ancelyn though… oh my goddddd

2 Likes

Didn’t her and Ancelyn break up on the normal earth though? That’s maybe what i was confused with since it happened off screen.

1 Like

Yes, the reason given in the first episode is that he had to go back home for duty reasons or some such, and he’s therefore whizzed off away back to his home dimension presumably never to be seen again. That’s why she’s so torn up about the whole thing, because she thinks she can literally never see him again

1 Like