UNIT: Brave New World - Fractures

Unit: Brave New World - Fractures - Available 26/06!

Kaiju
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters
Debrief
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters
Shatterpoint
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
0 voters
3 Likes

-VIBRATING INTENSIFlES-

8 Likes

As excited as hell as I am for this, I am going to restrain myself and not listen just yet. My bus usually takes 30-40 mins in the morning and I want to give these an intentful, in one sitting kind of listen :star_struck:

8 Likes

LMAO THEY’RE PUTTING THE GODZILLA FROM THE INFERNOVERSE IN MIDDLESBROUGH[1] AND BLOWING IT TF UP i’m weeping with laughter on the bus it’s what the place deserves <3


  1. i’m almost from boro so that’s why this is funny to me ↩︎

5 Likes

Kaiju: TEN OUT OF TEN HELL YEAH BAMBERA I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU I messaged Jae before I listened to this saying huh, Rix’s boyfriend is in this one, wonder if he’ll be evil or dead by the end (we all know what happens to BF bfs) and surprisingly neither! Mortally wounded though <3. Anyway I loved it so much. The emotional throughlines with Bambera and Rix and Savarin were very juicy and worked well and I’m invested and if we get Ancelyn back I am going to SCREAMMMMMMM. It made me laugh. It made me gasp aloud especially in the first minute or so when they said ‘brigade leader’ and I went HOLY FCK INFERNOVERSE!? which we didn’t get fully (probably good bc I think evil Bambera might have killed me) but it clearly is infernoverse adjacent. And a story in the North! One that’s good! A rare treat for me <3 god i love Bambera!! !!! !!!

6 Likes

Debrief: ALFIE SHAW IF YOU’RE STILL LISTENING PLS KEEP MAKING BAMBERA AUDIOS FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER ok thx <3 also btw Allison Williams is about 60 in 2000 and could totally do a bit of scientific advising bc she’s literally canonly working at least odd jobs for UNIT post Counter-Measures and she’s in the Aaronovitch-verse and I love her please…

Anyway omg yaayyyy this set is so good so far :heart_eyes: I loved how tense and close this one was, claustrophobic and uncertain. It’s like, you feel like you know where it’s going[1] but the twists actually really compelled me. I’m glad I watched Battlefield the other day actually because when I realised who Zbrigniev was I was like oooohhh shittttt this means we’re totally totally getting Ancelyn right?? I swear to goddd if that leaves me on a cliffhanger at the end of ep3 I’m going to screammmm

Yeah anyway I was almost going to be like hm. I miss Savarin and Rix and I don’t care about this but then there were enough little twisty bits that kept me intrigued and the end made me go WAHHHHH OMGGGGGGG so yes. Excited. Exciteddddddddd. Also Robert Jezek making Frobisher jokes in the bts is precious


  1. and it was giving me Devil You Know vibes and that one is very… well. this isn’t the Gallifrey thread ↩︎

3 Likes

infernoverse infernoverse infernoverse!!!

■■■■■■■ CALLED IT INNIT I AM SCREAAAMMMINGNGNGNGNGNGNGNGNGNNGGGNGNGN

what do you mean NO MORE UNTIL MARCH!!?!??!?!?!??!?

3 Likes

sigh I’m going to have to buy this aren’t I…

2 Likes

Shatterpoint: this report coming to you from lying on the floor. You know it’s a good one when it makes you start pacing from stress and then you have to lie on the floor at the end. I said it yesterday. I felt it coming. ■■■■■■■ ANCELYN!!! !!! !!! !!! argggg I knew they would do this to me but I’m still screaming about it. They really put something in the infernoverse that makes it sooooo sexy and cool and I love it. I’m so so happy they properly followed that one up from ep1 because Brigade Leader Bambera has done a terrible thing to me… if I wasn’t already obsessed… and omg Squadron Leader Savarin so brutal!? And our Sergeant Savarin SHOT HIM!? holy ■■■■

A lot a lot going on in this one so I will be relistening (let’s be real it will probably be next week) because I think I didn’t totally get all the nuances of the plot, but I have enjoyed how small cast this set has been and how interconnected it is. And that cliffhanger… god. Sensing it coming but then it actually happening… that’s my husband!! I’m going to be on the high of this one for a while

4 Likes

OMG Now I wonder what a 60 year old Allison would be like?

5 Likes

Three times divorced, Professor of physics at Cambridge, pretends to get cross every time UNIT ask her to consult on something weird (but secretly loves it), still goes out for lunch with Glimore all the time (who has retired to a little cottage somewhere (my totally official and not at all just in my head timeline has him at just over 80 in 2000))

5 Likes


TFW NEW UNIT AUDIOS REALLY GOOD


TFW REMEMBER HAVE TO WAIT NEARLY A YEAR FOR MORE[1]


  1. but hey. at least we’ll get this before War Room 3 oh my god… ↩︎

5 Likes

“That’s my HUSBAND!!” yeah I’m still losing it over this. WAHHHHHHGHHHGG I LOVE BAMBERA

1 Like

I need to get into this, but just started a relisten of the last 2 sets.

3 Likes

maybe… maybe I should relisten… again…

4 Likes

‘Middlesbrough? It is not exactly Tokyo…’ this is toooo funny[1]


  1. look ok i listened to this one yesterday that makes this normal… ↩︎

3 Likes

I’ve got to stop them. That’s my husband!!!’ WHAT a cliffhanger :sob::sob: still totally incredibly exciting the second time too AHHHHHH

3 Likes

Welcome back to ‘my every deranged thought’; the way this episode so directly draws a line between Lou/McManus and Bambera/Ancelyn is soooo juicy to me especially given he’s coming backkkk because it’s like Bambera clearly cares about Lou and doesn’t want to see her hurt but it comes out as disapproval :star_struck: And actually because of this parallel I think McManus might even be about to become the first ever BF boyfriend who makes it out alive from this series !

2 Likes

Ooooh the dynamic between Bambera and Rix in Kaiju is so GOOOOOD I love tension and seeing the dynamics develop more and more as the series goes on. Great opener, I love parallel universe stuff so it hit for me. Fairly generic monster of the week however the character work in this one shines through so well, esp the scene with Bambera and Rix at the end :pleading_face:

4 Likes