Hello, everyone! This is THE Godzilla / Giant Monsters and other kaiju thread!
Here you can talk about any and all things Godzilla / kaiju - and that includes; films, TV, books, soundtracks and the characters themselves.
Soooo, which is your fav G film?
9 Likes
Lovely Topic! I must admit my Godzilla Exposure is fairly limited, I think I saw like maybe 5 of those Films?
Granted I do want to see more, but my Progress on that is fairly slow. I do really love the Original Godzilla, it’s an excellent Film, which still holds up incredibly well. Similarly, Minus One is an amazing one from recent time! Those are probably my two favorite Godzilla Films honestly.
Outside that I’ve seen the pretty bad 90s attempt at making a Godzilla for An American Audience which just bores me. I haven’t seen the recent Monsterverse Films, so I can’t comment on their Quality! I did however saw the Sub of the first Godzilla vs King Kong Film, I think? I specify sub since the Original Version seems to be much more different, so much that it has a separate listing, if I recall correctly? Didn’t like that one all that much, but hey, maybe if I give the Original Version a go, I will resonate with it much more. Shin Godzilla was pretty enjoyable, even if I found it a bit unfocused at times.
There are probably a few more other Kaijus that escape my tongue at the Moment, but I do swear I saw more of those Flicks outside of Godzilla 
If anybody has some recommendations for Godzilla Flicks, let me know, would love to know which ones people think are great ones!
8 Likes
I’ve seen Godzilla 1954, Godzilla 1998 (The Emmerich one), Godzilla 2014 and Shin Godzilla, and I enjoyed Godzilla 1998 the most 
4 Likes
Kaiju… ohhh like UNIT: Brave New World 
in honesty I have very little familiarity with the genre, but that episode is very excellent audio 

6 Likes
I’ve watched a whole bunch of Godzilla films old and new by now, but Godzilla Minus One has gotta be one of my favourite films of all time, I saw the ‘Minus Colour’ version in the cinema back in November and it all just blew me away completely
6 Likes
I’m a Godzilla mega-nerd. Grew up with this and Doctor Who being my two main interests as a child and didn’t grow out of either. Have seen all of the films, but much prefer the Japanese ones, despite finding them being an absolute pain, as almost none of them have an official release in the UK!
Also grew up with the Atari Pipeworks 3D brawlers, so yeah, Godzilla is engrained in my head!
6 Likes
Minus One is a fantastic film on its own right. Glad to know I’m not the only one who adores it!
5 Likes
I also grew up with the Big G. He’s such an icon in my eyes!
5 Likes
Godzilla vs Biollante my beloved, I’m gonna buy the Criterion Godzilla set too
5 Likes
I’d kill for a Heisei Criterion set, because the Showa one was fantastic!
5 Likes
I suppose it’s whether the demand is there. When’s the big Godzilla anniversary? They could do it then
3 Likes
I’ve seen a fair few of these and loved most. Growing up, I probably watched around 10 - 12 of the films, but couldn’t tell you which titles specifically. I do recall seeing the original and its American version, vs. Kong, ones with Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah, Gamera, Mechagodzilla, and a couple of others. I even went to the cinema to see Godzilla 1985 when I was 12!
More recently, I’ve seen all the Monsterverse films and have liked most of them, but Minus One may be the best of the bunch released in the past twenty years. It’s just so good! Still need to see the colour version at some point…
3 Likes
Godzilla vs. Biollante is great, one of my favs as well!
4 Likes
As I mentioned earlier this year, GMK (2001, dir. Shusuke Kaneko) is my fav G film - alongisde the original and Minus One.
Gotta love how Kaneko directed the best Godzilla and Gamera films, in my humble opinion.
4 Likes
It would be hard to think a ranked list, so I think I’ll just throw out of some of the films I really love or don’t get enough love:
Godzilla (1954)
King Kong vs Godzilla
Mothra vs Godzilla
Godzilla vs Hedorah
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
The Return of Godzilla
Godzilla vs Biollante
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack
Shin Godzilla
Godzilla Minus One
4 Likes
If this trend continues, will the next one be called Godzilla Plus One?
3 Likes
Happy Godzilla Day, everyone!! Long live the King!
4 Likes
Since it’s Godzilla day, I’ll be rewatching all the G films that were released in the fifth year of a decade! (Godzilla Raids Again, Invasion of the Astro-Monster, Terror of MechaGodzilla and Godzilla vs. Destoroyah) plus I’ll rewatch the original film that’s started it all!
3 Likes