The Thirteenth Doctor Adventures: The Hallamshire Incident (Release Discussion)

I think his Paternoster stuff is AMAZING but like.. it suits them well but it does not suit 13 well at all. Even reusing their theme like..? It’s just laziness and doesn’t work for 13. The sonic thing is such a blunder for me idk if anyone else cares :sob:

3 Likes

Yeah and his theme for The Robots is excellent! But I did start to notice by set 4 or 5 that he was reusing incidental music constantly, and from other series! I’m not sure why he thinks no one will notice?

3 Likes

In fairness BF usually use a shortened McCoy theme too.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Mergrave - do pop over to Introductions and tell us a bit about yourself.

1 Like

Ah, that IS true, they don’t do the middle eight bit that goes under McCoy’s face & the TARDIS. I for sure remember complaining about it back on the old BF forum haha, I think I’ve just gotten used to it, but you’re absolutely right. I might not even mind the 13th edit as much if they hadn’t switched mid-series, like Vampire Weekend onwards used the main TV edit, but from Aegis they have chopped off the intro.

1 Like

My theme nonsense aside lol, I thought this was great!! One of my favorites of the range so far. The script really had the flavor of the era down cold, so many good sparkly lines for everybody, those really good scenes with Yaz and her sister, this Doctor just perfectly captured. I adore DI, oh excuse me, Superintendent Menzies (congrats!!), might’ve maybe hoped for just a little bit more for her to do but I guess we’re really doing a backdoor pilot here and I am the opposite of mad about it! But yes, let’s workshop the name lol Strange that this is her first time meeting any other Doctor, she’s in that Thomas Brewster story but not a 5th Doc one and she’s in the multi-Doctor anniversary set but has still only ever met 6 until now. I regret making a snidey remark about Nick because this is actually one of his better random side characters I thought, and I suspect he’ll be back. I really liked it, love Sonya asking for the one Ice Warrior’s digits lol4.25 or higher!

5 Likes

:folded_hands::folded_hands::folded_hands::folded_hands::folded_hands::folded_hands:

6 Likes

You do have to love that this story covers the entire thematic arc of Disclosure Day as an afterthought in like a two minute scene at the very end lol

2 Likes

Hopefully the spin-off starts with:

“Northerner Briggs got lost on the way back to his home planet.”

6 Likes

We’ll have to get used to it, I’m afraid, if he’s gonna be around doing the monsters then they presumably don’t have to pay him twice to be Sgt Sidekick as well :rofl:

1 Like
5 Likes

This one was just incredible. Felt like a proper TV story that got to have great character moments and everything. 5/5.

11 Likes

Fine, but only if he voices an LA cop in the series, as well.

I’m sure he can do an equally good American accent :sob:

4 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of it. I don’t generally care about some canon contradictions but her being this open about it this early feels like a characterization contradiction to me. I do think it feels natural for her to open up to Sonya about it but to me it would have been better if she were still a little in denial about it even as she opens up

6 Likes

Oh, he definitely can’t haha. I have to really pace myself on complaints about the American accents, I only mention it when it is absolutely unavoidable, otherwise it’s the main thing I would talk about lol (an absolutely horrifying one just went past in Cold Fusion two minutes ago!)

4 Likes

■■■■■■■ FINALLY! It only took logging 67 13th Doctor stories (mostly with Whittaker), but somebody’s written 13 with that bite I’ve been waiting for! And Jodie owns it, that scene in the reactor is peak who! The plot itself was still on the basic side, but the exploration of Yaz’s feelings towards The Doctor also helps bump it up a bit. Plus it’s nice to finally get a take on “why do we keep aliens a secret” that goes “yeah that’s just dumb”, even if Big Finish can’t do anything to the status quo with 13.

Full review here:

10 Likes

I understand some of the frustration, but I’m not a shipper so I don’t really care

4 Likes

I’ll do this so that it’s done and dusted…

67

5 Likes

5 Likes

This sounds like a much kinkier and more religious story than I heard :winking_face_with_tongue:

4 Likes