The only true and valid Top 10 of Doctor Who

Why kind sir, methinks though might be trolling my good self! Doth though hast no honour! Stand for it I will not! Believe you me when I inform thyself, that that man I would indeed prefer to go, post haste!

7 Likes

6 Likes

Indeed! I demand satisfaction!

7 Likes

IMG_1538

8 Likes

Well played :joy: You win this round :grin:

6 Likes

Alright, this is today’s list!

  1. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
  2. Face the Raven/Heaven Sent/Hell Bent
  3. City of Death
  4. Midnight
  5. Wild Blue Yonder
  6. Inferno
  7. The Girl in the Fireplace
  8. Impossible Planet/Satan Pit
  9. Amy’s Choice
  10. Dark Water

They may not all be in a strict order, though the top 3 are pretty much right how I’d imagine them.

10 Likes
  1. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
  2. Heaven Sent/Hell Bent
  3. WEAT/The Doctor Falls
  4. The Giggle
  5. Planet of the Ood
  6. Dot and Bubble
  7. Spearhead from Space
  8. The Sea Devils/Silurians (couldn’t decide!)
  9. Wild Blue Yonder
  10. The Happiness Patrol

Can you guess what my favourite eras are from this lol

10 Likes

Just realised I forgot The Waters of Mars…

Making top 10s is hard.

10 Likes

I’m not sure I can do this, as I want to include at least one episode from each Doctor’s era, but my mathing self keeps whispering that such a thing won’t work. I’ve tried arguing that the list is bigger on the inside, but my efforts to persuade have thus far been unsuccessful…

4 Likes

Naturally, I have here the real top ten list for Doctor Who TV stories

  1. City of Death
  2. Dalek
  3. Remembrance of the Daleks
  4. The Night of the Doctor
  5. Human Nature/The Family of Blood
  6. Heaven Sent
  7. The Daleks’ Master Plan
  8. The Waters of Mars
  9. Inferno
  10. The Power of the Daleks

Sometimes I change the order around, but City of Death and Dalek usually stay at the top

4 Likes
  1. The Web Planet
  2. The Dominators
  3. Death To the Daleks
  4. Underworld
  5. Time-Flight
  6. Timelash
  7. Time and the Rani
  8. Love and Monsters
  9. Closing Time
  10. In the Forest of the Night
7 Likes

10/10. No notes.

2 Likes

any list that doesn’t have Remembrance on top is immediately wrong

5 Likes

I absolutely agree with you.

6 Likes

Any list that doesn’t have an episode of Doctor Who on top is indicative of another issue entirely…

Edit: /j (I tend to forget these context clues - apologies for that)

3 Likes

I can’t rank, I can’t pick a best ep that’s better than all other eps, but my list is certain to include The War Games, and Inferno, certain to include City Of Death, Remembrance, and honestly Earthshock. I can see no possibility I wouldn’t put World Enough & Time/Doctor Falls, or Empty Child/Doctor Dances, I sort of don’t think it gets any better than those, just equally great. And then it does become how I’m feeling that day, a part of me would desperately love to put Flux (Yes, All Of It) because I do believe that and can defend it. Or either Human Nature or Impossible Planet which are maybe my two favorite Tennants. Then I’d pick one of the multi-Docs, and I don’t really mind between Three, Five, or Day Of, those episodes have never ever let me down.

Today I’ll go:

The War Games

Inferno

City Of Death

Remembrance

Earthshock

World Enough & Time etc

The Empty Child etc

Flux

Human Nature etc

The Five Doctors

3 Likes

Always interesting coming back to these threads and seeing how much I disagree with myself

  1. World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls
  2. Under the Lake/Before the Flood
  3. The Caves of Androzani
  4. Black Orchid
  5. The Caretaker
  6. Earthshock
  7. The Evil of the Daleks
  8. Heaven Sent
  9. Arc of Infinity
  10. The Return of Doctor Mysterio
3 Likes

We’re each doing one now, ok I’ll bite.

  1. Kerblam!
  2. Nikola Tesla’s night of terror
  3. Shada
  4. Twin Dilemma
  5. Time flight
  6. Black Orchid
  7. Trial of a timelord
  8. Heaven sent
  9. Day of the doctor
  10. The 5 doctors
4 Likes

I forgot that one, even though I love the Daleks.
I will be the first person buying the S25 standard when it finally releases.

1 Like

Oh god this is so bloody tricky. If I’m going to restrict myself to solely the main show, meaning no Torchwood, this would be my top 10.

  1. Heaven Sent
  2. WEAT/TDF
  3. Midnight
  4. Marco Polo
  5. Blink
  6. Inferno
  7. Aliens in London/WW3
  8. The War Games
  9. The Enemy of the World
  10. Flatline
3 Likes