The Eighth Doctor

But then that bit in The Day of the Doctor isn’t the main crux of the story, whereas it is in Demontage. Having a similar idea isn’t really an issue unless it is a carbon copy of the other and nothing has been added or changed to the basic concept.

We all know there aren’t really any new ideas any more. Everything is just a variation of what’s come before.

(The TARDIS is basically the wardrobe from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, after all).

4 Likes

So, with all the major parts of the Eighth Doctor era discussed here, what are your favorites?

Lucie Miller forever and ever <3333

2 Likes

Am I allowed to say the Doctor? He’s just so good!

6 Likes

Which medium lends itself best to the Eighth Doctor? TV, novel/short story, comic or audio?

3 Likes

Personally, I’d say novel. I think his characterisation is at its best in the books, but I still love the audios. I haven’t got that deep into the comics, though–one day!

6 Likes

Probably depends on the Characterization. I do really love the way he is so far in the Books, a love story where his lover is the universe.

Meanwhile, the Audios are a hit-and-miss and really depend on the companion he is travelling with, to enjoy both approaches.
Read a bit from the Comics, the flood is amazing besides that he is pretty alright in most of them, nothing too amazing

5 Likes

Has to be the audios because McGann is absolutely wonderful - even in the less successful stories.

7 Likes