The Confessions of Dorian Gray

Another slight sidestep into Whoniverse-adjacent content, The Confessions of Dorian Gray are a Big Finish Productions original that crosses over with both Bernice Summerfield and The War Master.

I promised I’d add this last Halloween when I bought a big collection of them. Well, here it is!

Thanks to @Owen for putting together the spreadsheet!

12 Likes

(And I know there are the individual CDs for the first couple of series missing under Collectables, didn’t get around to adding those yet)

Edit: it seems they were download-only! Hurrah, less work for me :smiley:

6 Likes

The site just keeps getting more content!

5 Likes

Awesome. I need to relisten to this range.

4 Likes

Just saw while flicking through that Colin Baker is in at least one of these.

I need to keep adding Actors, because there’s a lot of crossover I think.

3 Likes

Fantastic!! I love this range—it’s so good.

4 Likes

Yayyy!! Always happy to help getting Dorian to more people. Crossing my fingers I didn’t make any mistakes in the sheet, but if there are other fans of the series who do have the releases downloaded in the BF app and can check all the data more precisely, please do!

5 Likes

We’re also missing the runtime for this:

So if anyone owns that please let us know :smile:

4 Likes

I have all of Series 1 and 2 plus the freebies and I’ve written reviews for a bunch of them for my blog - so that’s something for you all to look forward to :smiley: .

6 Likes

& I am going to do that.

1 Like

I’d listen to this range but Vlahos is ehhhhhhhh

6 Likes

Really? I’ve always found his performance as Dorian to be excellent. Outside this range in some Who audios he’s given a few performances I haven’t rated too highly (his 9DA for example) but I’ve always loved his Dorian!

2 Likes

Yep, he is so good in the role.

2 Likes

Oh he’s great in the role, he’s just not a good person

Here’s the whole tumblr post about it all: Why Alexander Vlahos Is Problematic – @knightofmordred on Tumblr

3 Likes

The Twittering of Sparrows, this is wonderfully atmospheric. I do love the general tone of these stories - intimate & rich with mood, mystery & menace. Katy Manning is superb in this.

Trigger Warning: there are racist terms used a couple times in describing certain ethnic groups.

3 Likes

The Heart That Lives Alone is a masterclass, so much emotion & genuine deep character development in a gothic-tinged romance. & all in half an hour.

5 Likes

I have decided to finally give this range a go, as it’s spooky month!

I listened to The Picture of Dorian Gray - a retelling of the original story, plus This World Our Hell - the first story in the Confessions of Dorian Gray series.

It was good! Nice and spooky. I look forward to hearing more!

5 Likes

Bumping this because I’ve been relistening to this after many years and this genuinely is one of my favorite BF series. It’s gorgeous. It’s rich. It’s layered. It’s perfect.

7 Likes

A little playlist I made a while ago…

5 Likes

Didn’t realize there was a thread for this. I am going to use this when I continue with the series.

2 Likes