The Cat Picture Thread

Post pictures of cats here!

csvpi9rfgxb41

gridlock1

Thankfully, however, there were some Gallifreyans who had the foresight to stay home and build a future for their planet.

These included people like the solar engineers who, having discovered that the square root of minus three was impossible to calculate, had their biological engineers develop a new species of animal which had that knowledge bred into it. Thus, when any planet on which this animal was placed tried to find the square root of minus three, the animal would turn around and say “Ah, but that’s impossible”. The biological engineers on Gallifrey called this creature, to date their greatest achievement, a calculating creature with a tail, the acronym of which is, of course, cat. Cats have been recognised as the sign of intelligence on Gallifrey ever since.

– The Legacy of Gallifrey, Dr Who Magazine #100

11 Likes

download (1)

Ok that might only be half a cat…

9 Likes

drwhosurvival19

8 Likes

drwhoplanetgiants04

becab9022ad15464124ae5a4b00b36de

cat110

10 Likes

And of course coming to the VNA book club in a couple of months:

images

5 Likes

Yes, I’m obsessed with The Daemons :joy:

6 Likes

e54e6d08-0249-4ea9-b536-321bb39fbd13_text

Apparently I like cats in the Whoniverse…

7 Likes

Okay, I LOVE CATS. I have two lovely cats at home :heart:

Therefore, I LOVE THIS THREAD!

But I don’t have any pics to share at the moment; however, keep those lovely kitties coming!

6 Likes

No worries. I love cats, but don’t actually have any, so none of my pictures were of cats of mine, anyways. (Largely cats and cat people from the show, and, of course, kittens with Tom Baker. Tom Baker is obviously a cat person, and I love seeing pictures of him with them…)

2 Likes

Tom Baker being a cat person makes me love him even more. If we ever have a male cat, we should name him Tom in honour of Baker (I have to convince my wife first, as she isn’t a Whovian).

5 Likes

Just tell her it’s after Tom and Jerry and only you need to know the real reason.

3 Likes

Tom’s probably a name you could get away with not mentioning Doctor Who on…

Tom Baker actually has a dedicated section of his home page with cat pictures.
https://www.tombakerofficial.com/for-cat-lovers-only/

3 Likes

That’s actually a great suggestion, I love it!

6 Likes

well this is my cat! she’s called Morag (after the character in the Omega Factor lol) and she’s a really lovely creature :purple_heart:

11 Likes

Since we’re sharing: here’s our beautiful cats and best friends. Leia, a Ragdoll and Luna, a Scottish straight (yup, both named after two fandoms that aren’t DW).

13 Likes

thousandkissesdeep15

doctor-who-ace-cheetah-people

From the Doctor Who Confidential episode for Gridlock:

David Tennant: I’m not big on pets at all, traditionally. But you know, I thought, ‘I’ve got to act with this cat. We’ve got to bond somehow.’

Richard Clark (Director): I think actually David’s quite attached to one of them. He’s refusing to put it down.

6 Likes

Here’s my cat Ianto enjoying an episode of classic who with me! He gets scared and runs away whenever the third Doctor comes on screen; I guess there’s no accounting for taste.

10 Likes

I name that episode in 1…

INFERNO!

2 Likes

Good choice of story :sunglasses:
Good name for a cat :smiley_cat:

1 Like