I will never submit to your horrific British ways of language /lh

1 Like

Untitled

CHIPS

CRISPS

SUBMIT!

2 Likes

All this talk of crisps is making me this of where crisps come fromā€¦

MV5BMmQyMWE3NjMtNTg0My00MjkzLTg3ODItMjA4NDYyMjdjY2YxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA3OTMwODg@.V1
Potatoes

7 Likes

If you wanted me to call them crisps then yā€™all shouldā€™ve tried harder at Yorktown

4 Likes

In Japan they do these utterly bizarre regionally specific ones - I got some Osaka special takoyaki ones when I was there and I never dared open them haha

Adding a nice cup of cocoa to the list of Doctor Who consumables in honour of Professor Evelyn Smythe
(Also known as ā€œKyā€ in the Navy - as I recently learned from ā€œThe Sea Devilsā€).

Anyways, having such a cup right now and watching the first episode of ā€œThe Mutantsā€ - as one should any given Thursday early afternoon :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I had a hot chocolate once as a child and was hugely disappointed by it. It burnt my mouth and was extremely watery.

I never really had it again until well into my adulthood when suddenly I discovered that, made properly, itā€™s bloody gorgeous. If I treat myself to a Costa, itā€™s always hot chocolate I have and Iā€™ve even worked out how make a decent one at home.

4 Likes

Talking of Doctor Who snacks it is important to remember that any kind of Kandy is on the menu :sunglasses:

4 Likes

A fascinating coincidence that a ā€œKyā€ should feature in both of those subsequent stories

2 Likes

Indeed :grin: Was just going to post about that as well :wink:

1 Like

The question is: are you a fan or a ā€œfanā€? That is, are you watching the story some call The Mutants or the one actually named The Mutants? :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™m definitely a ā€œfanā€ - watching the serial with the production code NNN :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah, Rick James - the best guest star in the history of Doctor Who bar noneā€¦

1 Like

Stubbs and Cotton are a power-duo!
I am expecting a Big Finish announcement of a 15 box-set series any day now :grin:
I mean if Jago and Litefoot could do thatā€¦

2 Likes

My local corner shop stocks Buldak!

3 Likes

Whatever my friend puts in front of me.

When I see new Who, itā€™s at my friendā€™s house. I donā€™t have Disney+, he has, well, most of the streaming services. So we have a weekly get-together on Thursdays (schedules and health permitting), and he likes to put out snacks.

Often itā€™s cheese and crackers, sometimes gummy life savers, chips and salsa, other stuff. But whatever he feels like putting out is what I wind up noshing on.

When I watch stuff at home, whether itā€™s on Retro or Tubi or DVD/Blu-Ray, I often have coffee or iced tea, but I try not to buy snacks because I just canā€™t stop eating them, so unless Iā€™m eating dinner or lunch or breakfast, Iā€™m usually not eating.

9 Likes

corn chips, salsa, avo, yum.

8 Likes