Snack time!

Snacking and Doctor Who. They go hand in hand right? (or is that just me🤔)

So I put to you:
What is your preferred choice of snack and beverage while watching this mad yet glorious show that we all love so dearly?

6 Likes

Cup of tea

or

glass of coke

with

LOTS of chocolate

or

Pringles

3 Likes

I’m very dull, I tend to just eat crisps or whatever else is at hand :woman_shrugging:

I will confess that I actually do quite like fish custard though… it’s weird but it really does work. Only as a special treat though :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe I’m weird but I don’t tend to snack whilst watching anything!

5 Likes

Me too. I first tried it on the 11th Doctor’s Day back in 2013 (November 11th), and while I’ve never had it since, it wasn’t too bad. I’d never be able to explain to my wife why I’d be eating it, which is why I haven’t dared to do it again.

This is also me. I try to focus on what I’m watching and find that eating/snacking distracts me too much :laughing: I still drink water, Coke, beer, or whatever is in front of me at the moment.

5 Likes

Listening to Redacted with a cuppa and malted milks as I type this lmao

2 Likes

I try not to snack too much so the only thing I eat in front of Doctor Who are full meals. And sometimes chocolate.

3 Likes

Not a snacker when watching TV. Mostly just water and if it’s time for a meal I’ll eat that wile watching.

1 Like

Doctor Who without snacks? I didn’t know that was allowed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh I’ve yet to brave fish custard, I love both things so why do my mind keep objecting me putting them together???

I can’t eat a meal while watching TV, that is what takes too much focus away from me.

My go-to snack is Lay’s Salt and Vinegar Crisps (chips in Denmark, but I’ve seen too much British TV to call them that)
A bit more flexible on the beverage either a Coke Zero or a beer (got a Weissbier in the fridge for tonight :grin:)

When I get a night of reading it’s either an Earl Grey with a splash of milk or a Gin & Tonic

2 Likes

my preferred snack is “ostbågar” a Swedish cheesy snack. But I also like crisps (chips here in Sweden as well ) and candy.

To drink I prefer a glass of red wine or a Pepsi.

OstbĂĄgar

4 Likes

We call them “Osterejer” on the other side of Kattegat :yum:

2 Likes

And in Finland, they’ve committed a terrible crime and combined Finnish and English to create the beast of a word that is “juustosnacks” :grimacing: (fortunately, they’re still “ostbågar” in Swedish, which is lovely).

1 Like

I think you’ll find the real crime is the size of that bag of Juustosnacks! 25 g?!?!? :grimacing::flushed::grin:

2 Likes

Aah, that was just the first image I grabbed :joy: the basic size is 115g and the big bag is 235g

2 Likes

Tangy Cheese Doritos, with a jar of mild salsa dip

OR

Sour Cream & Onion Pringles, with a jar of sour cream dip

Washed down with a big glass of supermarket brand Summer Fruits Squash

1 Like

From Steven Moffat’s IG today, kind of topical:

6 Likes

Candy, Pepsi, and Rise of the Cybermen

2 Likes

Nice one :+1:

My wife just gave me a bag of DjungelvrĂĄl!
That just sends me back to family skiing vacations in Sälen in my childhood.
So it’s salty liquorice and an episode of K9 for me :grin:

3 Likes

I know that this makes me a bad Scandinavian but I am not a fan of licorice

1 Like

Yeah that’s not good :wink:

What’s your take on snaps?