Snack time!

I love salty licorice, especially with salmiak, but it is so hard to get here in the UK.

1 Like

DjungelvrƄl is just the best salty licorice with salmiak if you can get your hands on it :+1:

A downside to living here in Denmark though is that you canā€™t find Vegemite or Marmite anywhereā€¦

Iā€™ve never tried fish fingers and custard. We donā€™t really have fish fingers here, and Iā€™m not even sure what custard is. Maybe when I go to the UKā€¦

Snaps can be nice but not to Doctor Who :joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s important to really get into a Doctor Who mood by eating the favorite snack of your favorite Doctor, which is why I only snack on custard creams and dirt while I watch the show!

The Ghost Monument

It Takes You Away

13 Likes

To give a more real answer, my go-to snack is usually either BBQ Pringles or Sour Skittles, with a can of Coke.

Also I really have wanted to try custard creams since watching Jodie on Bake Off a couple weeks ago and Iā€™ve gotta find out where I can get some here

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t have said that, now we have to banish you forever!

Snaps has its time and place, but Iā€™m never going to say no to some SkĆ„ne Akvavit!

Thereā€™s salty liquorice with salmiak of all kinds here in Finland (Fazer is the GOAT chocolate and sweets manufacturer), but Iā€™ve only ever eaten DjungelvrĆ„l in Sweden as we donā€™t have it for some reason.

Howā€™s the dirt? Any recommendations on the best dirt types to snack on? Itā€™s been like 25 years since I last had some dirt!

3 Likes

Oh now we need a Scandinavian watch along where we have snaps every time Allons-y is said onscreen :joy:

2 Likes

And as a Finn, I would naturally win it by being the last man standing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You havenā€™t been to a proper Danish Christmas lunch have you? :wink:

I have never been to a proper Danish anything (visiting Denmark is on my bucket list). But this sounds like something I should experience! Maybe this Christmas :wink:

1 Like

Right, we got some Doctor Who themed snacks:

• Fish Fingers & Custard
  • Tea (itā€™s British innit?)
  • Custard Creams
  • Dirt

What other themed snacks have we got?

• Bananas
  • Carrot juice, carrot juice, carrot juice

What else?

2 Likes

jelly babies

3 Likes

And jammy dodgers, big favourites of Elevenā€™s!

3 Likes

Red wine for sure :+1:

2 Likes

Would Celery count when it is mainly used as a decorative vegetable?
(And for detecting certain gases in the Praxis range)
Doctor5-1-

3 Likes

BBQ Pringles are the GOAT (thatā€™s what the young people say, yes, right? Is this thing on?)

3 Likes

They used to have the Memphis BBQ ones that I thought were a lot better than the regular BBQ but they discontinued them a couple years ago :frowning:

1 Like

Memphis BBQ?? Not something that ever made it to the UK but now I want to try them.

Weirdest Pringles we ever got were Mint Choc ones. They were surprisingly good.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m not even sure that they were available everywhere her in the US. In college I used to take a whole suitcase of them back to school with me every time I took a trip home to Tennessee because I never found them anywhere in Boston.

Donā€™t think we got the mint chocolate ones here. Was imagining like a proper little thin chocolate shaped like a Pringle which sounds pretty good but it looks like they were still normal chips with just a mint chocolate flavor? Canā€™t say that sounds very good to me but Iā€™ll take your word for it

2 Likes