SirAlexH Big Finish Podcast Notes and Misc News Roundup Thread

For this thread, I will Copy/Paste the latest thread from SirAlexH. They round all the news from the Big Finish Podcast, and other relevant bits of news.

The posts can be found here,
https://www.reddit.com/user/SirAlexH/submitted/
but for those of you who are not fans of Reddit I will be copying them as they appear in this thread.

I hope you find this useful.

4 Likes

PODCAST NEWS:

• The Human Frontier should be recording near the end of the year.

NON-BIG FINISH PODCAST NEWS:

BBC AUDIO/BOOKS/MEDIA NEWS:

ANYTHING ELSE

Sales: Weekly Deals: Torchwood One/Torchwood Continuation; Past 12-Month Sale: Enter the code SPRING24.

What CD’s are Out of Print This Week?:: -

Fifteen Minute Drama Tease: Dark Gallifrey: Torchwood One: I Hate Mondays

Interview/Production Interviews: Dark Gallifrey: Torchwood One: I Hate Mondays

Randomoid Selectotron: BUCKUP: Blake’s 7: The Classic Adventures: 2.6 Truth and Lies

Big Finish Release Date Schedule:

** The Eighth Doctor Adventures**: Echoes** - This Week

What Big Finish I was listening too today: Ha!

Random Tangents: The podcast gets thousands of streams a week and Benji doesn’t really get a bank holiday. Benji gets an AI to write a synopsis for a TV series where Wookie Hole is the center of cheese and cracker industry.

5 Likes

Thanks for doing this! Helpful to have the updates in one place - no time to listen to the BF podcast and reddit does my head in!

6 Likes

PODCAST NEWS:

• There is a Sherlock Holmes project that is recorded and BF are just waiting for a release slot.
  • No more Space:1999 boxsets from Big Finish though there is a Space: 1999 project in the works (presumably an audiobook or book).

NON-BIG FINISH PODCAST DOCTOR WHO NEWS:

BBC AUDIO/BOOKS/MEDIA NEWS:

ANYTHING ELSE

Sales: Eurovision: Whorovision!;

What CD’s are Out of Print This Week?:: The Third Doctor Adventures: Vol. 1; Torchwood Monthly Adventures: 48. Lease of Life

Fifteen Minute Drama Tease: The Eighth Doctor Adventures: Echoes

Interview/Production Interviews: The Eighth Doctor Adventures: Echoes; Torchwood: Disco

Randomoid Selectotron: BUCKUP: The Lost Stories: 4.4 The Mega.

Big Finish Release Date Schedule:

What Big Finish I was listening too today: I’ve been listening to Do Go On. Fantastic podcast.

Random Tangents: There were definitely tangents, but I’ve forgotten them.

3 Likes

From the comments:

Also in the podcast, Nick said Benji’s gonna be working on a 3DA soon

2 Likes

Something interesting about this podcast (which I’ve just listened to) is that the epic backlog of Fourth Doctor Adventures were, according to Nick, recorded at Tom Baker’s request—he wanted to do as many as possible before it’s impossible.

10 Likes

I can’t find it right now, but I read somewhere that Louise Jameson said that she has at least a dozen recorded stories with Tom that don’t have release dates yet. It wouldn’t surprise me if there is 30+ in the backlog, or there is a load that have his part recorded but not other characters. I’ve heard he likes to just bash through scripts one after another.

5 Likes

Saw on a Big Finish group I’m part of on Facebook someone posted May release dates for stuff from Twitter. Eighth Doctor: Echoes drops on Thursday (May 16), Missy: Bad Influence drops on May 21, and the new Ninth Doctor set drops on May 29.

4 Likes

This is equally eerie and sad to me. Imagine that there will come a day in the not so distant future where we will be listening to new Fourth Doctor Adventures knowing that the man himself has long since passed away. I’m dreading that day!

7 Likes

This is super helpful, it allowed me to schedule all those sets in advance so I don’t have to worry about scrambling to add them as soon as they drop.

Could we maybe have a thread for future release dates so I can keep up to date? (I don’t use Facebook and rarely use Twitter).

2 Likes

This is next month. Sadly, I can’t find exact dates without hitting FB etc

I’m not on Twitter and not on Facebook as often as I used to be. This is my primary social media spot now. So, if I happen to see something, I’ll pass it on, but can’t guarentee anything.

5 Likes

I’m going to create a new thread that I can maintain with future releases. I’m still on Twitter, and they usually give releases dates a week or so before. I’ll just have to pay more attention to them.

4 Likes

I’m on Twitter occasionally and I listen to the Big Finish podcast as well, so I’ll try to keep track of the release dates so I can pass them along before the releases drop :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes
1 Like