KATE!!!

I refuse to accept calling this ā€˜season 1ā€™ though lol

3 Likes

From now on Iā€™m going by the absolute count, this is 40

10 Likes

200w

So excited :tardis:

2 Likes

Iā€™m excited - but that trailer gives away NOTHING!

4 Likes

I suppose thatā€™s a good thing.

1 Like

Also, this is the same day as Eurovision so it will be interesting to see what the timeslot is. Iā€™m guessing earlier, maybe around 7pm (Eurovision is usually 8pm start).

1 Like

TV all day on May 11!!!

According to a Radio Times article, the first two episodes will release at midnight on the 11th on iPlayer and then will air on BBC One before the Eurovison Final.

2 Likes

And from what Iā€™ve understood, it premieres on Disney+ internationally on May 10, making it the first time the UK gets the episodes after the world. Itā€™s a bit strange that the BBC One TV broadcast comes last, after the D+ and iPlayer releases. It means you Brits are going to have to avoid spoilers from the rest of the world!

4 Likes

The UK gets it at the same time as everyone else on streaming, itā€™s just an inconvenient time slot :cry:

3 Likes

Well, it does have Kate Stewart in it.

And Ruby, I suppose, though I kinda assumed that.

(Though I was rather expecting Kate, tooā€¦)

2 Likes

Telling the bare minimum so as to avoid spoilers and limit wild speculation. It feels more like a montage of the Doctor looking excited or surprised.

2 Likes

To be fair, a lot of Doctor Who is the Doctor looking excited or surprisedā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I donā€™t want to be negative but this new broadcast schedule is a bit of a kick in the teeth to the UK.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe only the first 10 seconds of the thirty-second video was actually the trailerā€¦ I feel like I learned very little from it :laughing:

The schedule change doesnā€™t really affect me personally as an Australian (since Iā€™m not going to wake up in the middle of the night to watch it, itā€™s still just ā€œnew episode is available in the morningā€), but just on principle, I donā€™t like the idea that Disney+'s American audience (and their perceived need to watch as soon as the episode dropsā€¦ like, itā€™s a streaming-on-demand serviceā€¦ why?! :woozy_face:) would be prioritised ahead of UK viewers. Itā€™s a British show (and a British institution); I feel like the audience there should have first dibs. The change just feels icky.

I also read somewhere that two episodes are going to come out on 11 May, not just one, which I donā€™t really love tbh! It just feels like, since the seasonā€™s already so short now, itā€™s going to make ā€œno more new Doctor Who until Christmastimeā€ season come even sooner :cry:

5 Likes

Not really sure the time thing is an issue. Releasing something at midnight the day it releases just seems like the default time youā€™d add something to a streaming service, and releasing it at 7 pm the previous day EST in the US just tells me someone looked up what the time difference between GMT and EST isā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t want to complain, because Iā€™m just happy to have new Who, but what it means for UK fans if they want to avoid spoilers theyā€™ll have to stay off the internet for 19 hours if they want to watch Doctor Who at 7pm on a Saturday, like nature intended.

Asking them to watch it in the morning (itā€™s a spooky sci-fi show! Not for the morning!) isnā€™t really right.

But having said that, I will absolutely have an Internet Blackout until I see it, and am busy every weekend that itā€™s on anyway so will probably watch at random times anyway.

As for releasing two episodes - good for promotion and drumming up hype, bad because it means bigger gaps.

I just hope they have lots of spin-offs up their sleeves. I want way more Whoniverse!

4 Likes