Season 4: Expanded

Hopping in to expand the list of expanded discussions (hehe) with another season (one that I think is super underrated!) that’s gotten an intriguing expansion: Season 4! Unlike season 7, it’s not super contradictory storywise but the EU does add a lot to the characterization and story of this season. What do you think of this season? Does the expanded universe add to the season for you as much as it does for me?

TV Stories:

• First Doctor: The Smugglers, The Tenth Planet
  • Second Doctor: The Power of the Daleks, The Highlanders, The Underwater Menace, The Moonbase, The Macra Terror, The Faceless Ones, The Evil of the Daleks

Prose

• Virgin Missing Adventures: Invasion of the Cat-People
  • Past Doctor Adventures: Ten Little Aliens, The Murder Game, Dying in the Sun, The Roundheads
  • Telos novellas: Wonderland
  • Big Finish Audio Novels: The Dead Star
  • Short Stories: The Three Paths, Pluto, The Feast, Something at the Door, The Slave War

Audios

• Companion Chronicles: The Bonfires of the Vanities, The Plague of Dreams, The Crumbling Magician, The Locked Room, The Curator’s Egg, Resistance, The Mouthless Dead, The Forbidden Time, The Selachian Gambit, House of Cards, The Death of the Daleks
  • The Early Adventures: The Yes Men, The Night Witches, The Forsaken, The Outliers, The Morton Legacy, The Home Guard
  • Audio Short Trips: Falling, Lost and Found

Comics: Food for Thought, Card Conundrum

Doctor Who Annual 1968

• Short Stories: The Sour Note (available as an audiobook in The Second Doctor Who Audio Annual), The Dream Masters, The World of Asires, Only a Matter of Time (available as an audiobook in Time Wake and Other Stories), Planet of Bones (available as an audiobook in The Phaser Aliens and Other Stories), When Starlight Grows Cold, H.M.S. Tardis, The King of Golden Death (available as an audiobook in The Doctor Who Audio Annual)
  • Comics: The Tests of Trefus, World Without Night
2 Likes

One thing I’m sure you’ve found is the number of WW1 or WW2 themed stories for this period - The Mouthless Dead, The Forsaken, The Home Guard, The Night Witches

1 Like

Oh for sure. It fits the team really well for some reason. Maybe it’s the fact that all three companions are children of war?

1 Like