Reviews are on the TARDIS Guide website

Hey everyone,

The Patrons and I have been working for a couple days in secrecy on a brand new feature which I’m announcing now…

Reviews are here :tada: :partying_face:

Submitting reviews is currently Patrons-only (as this is a good way to combat spam and abuse), but rolling out to all verified members in the coming weeks. (EDIT: everyone can write them!)

You are able to write reviews of stories, and other people can read them and “:+1: Like” them. If you’re following a member, then when they write new reviews they will appear on your home Activity Feed.

As with everything I’m working on, there are lots of little updates I can do to improve this, which you’ll see over time, but I’m very much of the philosophy to get things out there early, get feedback, and have fun.

I’ll update this thread as and when I make more changes to this feature.

Allons-y!

17 Likes

OOooooo Nice!!!

3 Likes

Update: anyone who is verified (that’s everyone on the forum, hopefully) can now post reviews!

Well, maybe, because I’m on holiday and only coding from my phone but I think it should all work. Please someone test and get back to me!

Had to accelerate my progress on this because of the Time Scales drama.

Enjoy!

12 Likes

5 Likes

It doesn’t work for me. Once I click the link it says,

"Currently only Patrons can submit reviews.

Support the site, become a Patron!"

1 Like

Ops. Try now!

1 Like

!Looks good!

1 Like

“WHO DA MAN?!”

8 Likes

12 Likes

Well that’s my nightmare sorted for tonight… :scream:

9 Likes

Why is my head so big though

5 Likes

Preview of the upcoming Shauny bobblehead :grin:

7 Likes

Just had a phone and a random free app to work with…

But a more accurate answer is probably because I am a UX designer with a focus on user research and almost no UI design competence :joy:

6 Likes

Once I submit a review (and when I view other users’ review pages) it says, below the “My Reviews” header,

“Work in progress! Currently only Patrons can submit reviews.”

2 Likes

@shauny on holiday

8 Likes

14 Likes

LET’S GOOOO

Now I can finally spread all my controversial opinions, and not have to engage in human interaction!/j

6 Likes

I’m here to tear The End of Time a new one and vax lyrically about The Claws of Axos :grin::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Oh my god - @Tian you are brilliant! A comedy genius!

5 Likes

Just posted my first review (on The Eight Doctors). I seem to have a much easier time reviewing books than episodes, and of course a much easier time reviewing things I didn’t like, but hopefully I’ll eventually be able to review everything.

6 Likes