Over 4000 stories!

We now have over 4000 stories on the site!

I just wanted to take a moment to celebrate that, as it has taken a lot of work to get this far.

Remember, you can see what I am adding on my big list, and you can see everything I’ve added this month here.

There are many more stories to come - can anyone guess how many stories total there will be once comics are added? (I haven’t worked that out yet).

What shall we do to celebrate this moment? :confetti_ball:

17 Likes

Hurray!!! Good job!

My guess: 11433

1 Like

:flushed:

I really hope not!!

Let’s go for a nice, even number that isn’t too far from 4000, to keep @shauny calm. Let’s say … 5420! You’re almost there!

3 Likes

You will find new stuff to add all the time :joy:

3 Likes

Great job and don’t burn yourself out. Comics should hopefully be under 1k extra stories but could be way off.

3 Likes

It’s amazing that there are this many Doctor Who stories and we haven’t even got all of them yet - and we know there are even more coming on TV, audio, books and comics. I bloody love Doctor Who and its neverending storytelling.

10 Likes

We’re up to 4,604 at the moment.

7 Likes

Truly! I can’t think of a single piece of media that’s even close to as expansive.

8 Likes

Closest would be Star Trek and Star Wars, and only really Star Wars comes close with maybe 500 items.

1 Like

Maybe 500?

That feels way too low for Star Wars

3 Likes

Marvel and DC are the big ones that come to my mind

4 Likes

I think it’ll get over 5000, given how many comics and annual stories there are still to add, but I don’t think it’ll reach 6000 (I have no evidence to back this up though.)

5 Likes

They really are the only things that come close! Doctor Who only being comparable EU-wise to massive comic multiverses is extremely impressive.

5 Likes

And what’s even more impressive is how a big bulk of that number was released during the 16-year gap between Classic and New Who when there was no new Doctor Who on TV, but it was kept alive through a heavy influx of books, comics and audios (and a magazine devoted to a show that wasn’t on television :smile:).

6 Likes

I think it’s safe to say that if there wasn’t those release after the cancellation, it would have become another old series that got reruns on DAVE. And probably no renewal in '05.

5 Likes