New TARDIS Guide logo!

Hey everyone, as much as I love the TARDIS icon :tardis: I wanted a logo that is more unique to the site. I have been working with a designer who came up with the concept, then I spent ages meticulously adding circles and creating paths to animate them and… tada! My own Gallifreyan animated logo:

TG logo emblem

(See the homepage for it in situ - a new design for the homepage is in progress, which will make it look even better)

The book represents the ‘Guide’ part of the site - a reference book. Out of it, a Gallifreyan object which represents space and time, planets and constellations. A new typeface with a lantern on the ‘I’ to represent the TARDIS!

What do you think?

It will take me a little while to change the logos everywhere, including in the forum and things like favicons, watch this space!

20 Likes

Brilliant work! Can’t wait to see it spread across the universe.

5 Likes

looks amazing wow

3 Likes

IMG_0037

5 Likes

Oh, that looks lovely!

3 Likes

Gorgeous, great work :tardis:

3 Likes

Very nice. The logo looks beautiful. I also love the detail on the ”I” in TARDIS.

2 Likes

Just signed in and seen the new logos and they look Fantastic.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it.

Adding it everywhere. Will take a while for cache and stuff to clear.

5 Likes

Jumping Jehoshaphat! Colour me surprised when i checked the forum again after a few hours and saw this new, gorgeous, clever logo! Great work @shauny!

6 Likes

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

oh this is gorgeous!!!

3 Likes

You’ve redecorated…I do like it. :joy:

8 Likes

love it! the logo is so pretty :star_struck:

2 Likes

oh wow I love it!!

2 Likes

Adore the change, looking snazzy c:

1 Like

I like the logo itself. I do feel like it might be improved by adding a space (or period) between “TARDIS” and “Guide”, and maybe a little more space between letters.

Maybe slightly bigger text, too, just because it feels like the detail of the lantern on the i gets a bit lost when it is shrunk down at the top of the page…

Just playing with it a little…

Could this version work better without the lantern on the “I”, if you have it between the two words? Looks a bit odd to me this way.

Yeah, could probably use some sort of tweak that way. Adding the second lantern was pretty much the last thing I did, as I was debating between that and just a space. That, and I tried Handles there for a moment, but it didn’t look right. Here’s what it looks like without it between the words.

(Also didn’t add any extra spacing to the letters, because they overlap a bit, so were harder to separate then I’d like…)