New deliveries

Three books I still need to add to my collection but I was very ‘meh’ about the TV show so haven’t rushed to get hold of them.

1 Like

How are the books?

I have only read “Joyride” by James Goss so far. It fitted the feel of the series just fine, but a bit too generic body swap sci-fi with added gore for my liking.
People in new bodies do exactly what you would expect of them to do when considering the tone of Class, some of it quite problematic honestly.

Main complaint is that it didn’t have enough of Miss Quill in it, hoping the other two will remedy that :grin:

3 Likes

7 Likes

What is A Pirates History of Doctor Who? Sounds fun

2 Likes

I adore 13’s design in illustration, it’s good on screen, but in art and comics and stuff it’s just so dynamic

3 Likes

A write up 70s, 80s and 90s fan films, including a fan film woman doctor which kicked off a series from 1985.

3 Likes

Barbara Bendetti!

3 Likes

Indeed!
For those interested: Doctor Who

1 Like

Sounds fun! Might watch them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

EDA haul (Father Time is also on the way). I need some help with the reading order though.

I snagged Alien Bodies while it was (reasonably) priced, since I know it’s one of the more sought after novels, but will I be fine just jumping into it without having read any other EDAs? I would’ve started with Vampire science, but copies of those are fairly pricy.

As for the others, I know that Ancestor Cell is something of a finale, and leads into an arc where the Doctor lives through human history while suffering amnesia, so I’ll definitely save that one for later (I only got it because it was included in the bundle with Burning, Escape and Mad Dogs). Will I be fine just diving into the Burning and Father Time though? Or is the context of the Ancestor Cell a must?

I also know that Escape Velocity is Anji’s first appearance, but I’m not sure if it’s a proper starting point, or if it’s still wrapping up the previous arc.

So yeah, of the books pictured, where’s the best place to start?

6 Likes

The Burning is a fresh start and definitely doesn’t need The Ancestor Cell as a prerequisite as long as you know what you’ve already spoilered.

3 Likes

Excellent! And Alien Bodies?

1 Like

If you’re comfortable reading online, you can find many Doctor Who books on archive.org. That’s where I’m currently reading them.

4 Likes

That’s where I’ve been reading the VNAs.

1 Like

I just ordered an e-reader to be able to read them more comfortably from there.

1 Like

to my memory Alien Bodies is a pretty alright starting place, so long as you know the basics about Eight and Sam. A lot of concepts get introduced/elaborated on in this one so I’d definitely recommend reading it early on.

5 Likes

a big day for books it seems… starting my collection :]

10 Likes

I just ordered this one too! About to get mine in a week or so :grinning:

2 Likes

Finally caught a good deal on the (IMO) better of the 13 sonic toys!

10 Likes