New deliveries

I thought it could be fun to have a thread where we can talk and post about new stuff as we receive it.

I just received this beaut of a used book in the mail:

Can’t wait to give it a read :grin:

12 Likes

OOoooo nice!!

1 Like

Looks interesting. Is it a story or behind-the-scene stuff?

2 Likes

It’s a bit of both actually :slightly_smiling_face:

Like “The Time Lord Letters” there are letters written by and to the Doctor, in universe articles about what happened in stories, post cards a recipe for carrot juice and all such good stuff.

Like a letter from Ian to the Doctor hinting that he and Barbara are getting married :tada:

As well as a short description of each Doctor’s era with small pieces of behind the scenes information from actors and writers.

It looks SO good :grin:

1 Like

This was my delivery this week

2 Likes

I had this arrive yesterday, I saw it discounted and couldn’t resist buying it

7 Likes

These arrived last week. I’m looking forward to starting them (once I’ve finished reading the Deviant Strain).

9 Likes

I really must check my local second-hand book shop for Doctor Who novels, I got my collection of Star Trek novels there at a very good price.

That’s of no use in Denmark. If you aren’t interested in moody Nordic murder mysteries you may as well just not go in :roll_eyes::grin:

3 Likes

It’s not much use here, either. The entire collection was sold by one person and they’ve been trying to get rid of it for years! I got the entire collection at half the already discounted price because they were so desperate to clear up the space. So there’s always a chance someone else’s grandmother passed away and left a collection of Doctor Who novels for me to pick up as well, haha.

Same here in Sweden. No Who in anywhere.

4 Likes

But this showed up at our equivalent to Craigslist. If I had the money and space I would buy it.

9 Likes

I love my pinball but got a sweet deal on mine.

1 Like

I very much enjoyed that book! Apart from photoshopping Clara’s face onto a bunch of Classic Who characters lol

1 Like

Those two Sixth Doctor novels are really good imo! The second half of Time of Your Life had me tenser than I’d been any time before reading a Who book, and Killing Ground might just be the best exploration of the Cybermen in the franchise (although I think I prefer the VNA Iceberg as a story with Cybermen in it).

2 Likes

Oooo, that’s exciting to hear! They’ll be my first proper foray into the Virgin novels (outside of the handful of Big Finish adaptations I’ve listened to). I mostly got them because I’m a big sixth doctor fan, and I was interested to see how the EU was tackling the character before Colin himself got involved with Big Finish. I was especially intrigued by the new companion figure accompanying him, as I’ve not really experienced prose exclusive companions before.

3 Likes

Arrived this morning, for the costume I’m making my daughter. Just need to quick-unpick the military patches and sew on the appropriate replacements.

12 Likes

You have to show us how it looks when you are done!

7 Likes

Of course! :smiley:

2 Likes

There now I have all three of the “Class” books :+1:

5 Likes